NECA 22 inch Balrog Now Available from FP

• Thread starter Gorthaur The Cruel One
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gorthaur The Cruel One

Just got an email from Forbidden Planet that the 22 inch (!) NECA Balrog is now available for pre order with an expected delivery date Before Christmas this year. All I can say is that it's about frelling time, NECA! I've sent an email to one of our board dealers begging him to sell this item so I don't have to order from GB, so I hope somebody in the USA will pick this up. Of course, those of you from GB, well here you go if you're interested.

Here's the link:

www.forbiddenplanetstore....&NOLOGIN=1

Cheers!

:eye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like it will be impressive, and it is limited to 5000 right? The only thing that doesn't totally grab me about this one is the amount of orange on him, I think that less is more in this case. :balrog

Just got :balrog ordered Bob! Thanks for putting it on your site so fast. Got your email reply as well, so my money is now yours (once again). BTW, saw where you shipped my NECA Gandalf today. Can't wait for that one either!! ya da bomb, Bob!! :rock

:bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone know what the suggested retail price is on this? Also, I am surprised that it is only 22" tall, when Lego is 20". The balrog was 5 times the size of the elf. Scale is way off.

How tall did you want it to be?!?!?! :google Proper scale would be about 5 feet wouldn't it? I think it is being marketed primarily for those who collect the Toy Biz figures, it is in scale with them. :balrog

MSRP is currently $119.00 and Lotr Fan is correct that is the marketing ploy thats it is the right scale for a toybiz 6 inch.

My order is in too, I am just hoping the orange gets toned down some. Also I would imagine that the lights would include the eyes and mouth, but what about the "mane", any word on this? :balrog

Have the other 3 which are good. This one cannot be bad either. I have already placed my order with Firesidecollectibles

:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

Ordered mine from Adam! I've been waiting for NECA to get this 'rog out for, oh let's see, a year and a half by now?

Whoopee!!!:banana

The Green Dragon is reporting this news on the BALROG!!!
PRE-ORDER NOW!!!

NECA's BALROG: A Matter of Perspective...and Opinion!!
Hey folks, I have been on the horn and around the web trying to scour information about the NECA Epic Scale Balrog. What I have found is very interesting...and definitely worth a news post. I have been talking to many of the online retailers that are listing the Balrog for pre-order and have been asking questions about the 'impending' release.

The OFFICIAL WORD from NECA: "Until it’s announced on our website, nothing is confirmed."
First of all, do not think that this figure is a sure thing. It is not...yet. By the look of things, there are two possibilities. One, this pre-order is not really a pre-order, but a way for NECA to gauge interest in the figure BEFORE they decide to produce it. Second, NECA will have to have begun production (or start VERY soon) on this MASSIVE figure if it is to be released BEFORE Christmas 2005.

So far, NONE of the retailers have spoken directly with NECA...most have gotten their information from either Diamond (Previews) or have made a guess based on OTHER online retailers loading up the pre-order. What does this mean...well, again...no telling until NECA comes forward and states a matter of fact release date and MSRP.

Granted the price is a bit steep, but this could also be part of the plan to gauge interest in the figure. If they offer it at $120 MSRP and they sell out of the pre-orders...perhaps they will make more of the figure and LOWER the price a bit...somewhere along the lines of the $80 NECA mentioned before.

What does this mean for us collectors...no matter what, you had better get in line and get this figure on Pre-Order NOW...either it will help get the figure produced, or it will ensure that you get one or two of these. Either way...time to put your money where your mouth's are and start ordering.

¿No News about the Balrog?

I pre-ordered one from "Cornerstorecomics.com." (Well.. I was charged, because i used paypal... :banghead ) but no news still from nobody regarding the date, edition.. or something.. Only pre-orders..

you should not be charged i think? cos this hasnt even been confirmed by neca.

and it's said it depends on how much pre orders are being taken up. so it's more like a market survey. the site i placed pre order on, only charges if they actually are going to ship the item.

is that site dependable?

noelleon69 said:
you should not be charged i think? cos this hasnt even been confirmed by neca.

and it's said it depends on how much pre orders are being taken up. so it's more like a market survey. the site i placed pre order on, only charges if they actually are going to ship the item.

It was a mistake.. The only way to not be charged is paying with Credit Card.... And I use paypal.

noelleon69 said:
is that site dependable?

I hope that......... :sick

Back