Official Star Trek OS 1/6 figures petition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
So I've been watching the Original Series again (downloaded season 1) and it's a fantastic series!
I hadn't seen the old stuff in a very long time.

Unfortunately, nobody has seen fit to grace us with 1/6 scale figures of this truly seminal series.

So here it goes: how about Hot Toys, Sideshow or Medicom giving us our beloved characters in 12" glory?
What with the new movie in the works already, it'll probably be a hot topic soon.

My top reco would be Hot Toys.
But either SST or Medi would be fine. I'm sure I wouldn't really go for more than just Kirk and Spock in Medi-format/price though.

With the new film perhaps the characters will be in the retro uniforms and will be incentive for a company to pick up this license again.

Personally I'd prefer movie versions from WoK.

I don't think the license did much for SSC, the PFs floundered and the busts went bust. But I'd like to see it too.

Like Romulan Ale that has turned, the Star Trek license left a bad taste in Sideshow's mouth. From what I gathered after talking with the SS staff at SDCC a few years back, the PF line did so horribly, Sideshow couldn't warp out of orbit fast enough. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

If there is interest in the new film (doubtful), I would think it would center on just that film. To many companies, Toy Biz put that license to bed in the 5", 9" AND 12" formats. And I for one would not be interested in the new young versions of these classic charactrers in ANY scale. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I am very happy with the Art Asylum 7" set a couple years back.

We got the whole crew plus Kor, Gorn, Khan and Vena. They even did Mirror Mirror figs, and we got diff versions of Kirk: yellow shirt, green, dress, from Where No man Has Gone Before.

The likeness of Kor was awesome!

I'd be interested to see Star Trek 1/6 figures but with the Trek license going belly up for SSC in the first go around I'd bet if SSC did these figures again it'd be completely centered on the new film. I don't see HT doing these I don't know why and I don't see collectors paying MediCom prices. Even if SSC did 1/6 OS figures the only ones I'd buy would probably be Kirk, Spock and Bones.

I'd be very interested in some well done figures.

For now, Art Asylum will do...

008c.jpg

actually, I really like these.

The Art Asylum stuff started out very ambitiously but they quickly found there wasn't a market for Enterprise toys. They've done okay with reusing bodies now, but it's still not 1/6.

Gentle Giant had the Picard at SDCC, so I'm not sure if it was Medicom or if it was something they're doing on their own.

The Gentle Gian Picard looked awesome, I hope it sees the light of day and results in TNG and TOS figures.

But still not sure who the maker was, Medicom or GG... I figured by now someone would spill the beans on it?!?

Those Art Asylums do rule! BUT, like Darklord says, They just aren't 1/6.
I still want these in 1/6, and, I think there is a BIG market.

Why does the most prolific scale collectors always have to pay for it, when a company experiments in some other scale, and those don't sell well because they didn't do their homework, and THEY DIDN'T ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGER MARKET???

Then, all we hear is, "Those they did, didn't sell...blah, blah, blah"

YA THINK!???

Frustrating! :banghead

Oh, this is the "Official Star Trek OS 1/6 Figures Petition" correct?
Well...OK, Count me in!
I'm petitioning! :rock

Last edited:
I'd go for some old school Trek figures, and that includes both versions of Captain Pike.

It seems like it would be a relatively cheap line to do, aside form licensing fees of course. The uniforms are simplistic, and can be recycled for several figures. Even if the PF's did poorly, it seems like it'd be worth the risk.

It seems like Trek fans are a real fickle bunch... not much by way of figures seems to do that well when new. But the after-market can go crazy. I remember buying a Art Asylum Klingon for like $7 at a Meijers (the northern equivalent of Wal Mart) and there were a lot just sitting on the shelves. And then like 6 months later I sold him loose on eBay for $45?!?

It almost seems like Trek fans don't like it until its already gone.

To many companies, Toy Biz put that license to bed in the 5", 9" AND 12" formats.

I believe you meant Playmates. Their 12" weren't bad for the day, but pretty weak compared to today's standards. Art Asylum's stuff is okay for the scale, but the same quality at 12" would not be that appealing to me. Some of their likenesses aren't bad, but others are WAY off (see any Kirk figure they have done).

The head sculpts on those are fab! the only is I don't like how fuzzy the clothes are and the bodies look to short and awkward.

I agree the cloths could look a little sharper. I saw these in person and was told that the fabric was similiar to what was used on the show. I guess the scale makes it fuzzier. The heads were sculpted 8% larger to accomodate the shrinkage in the manufacturing process. That makes the bodies appear smaller. Also SFM said that, if manufactured, the figures would not be useing the same body as the prototype. They said that their display was thrown together pretty quick to get it ready for that show.

StarTrekfigs.jpg

If Star Trek figures came out that looked like this there would definitely be a market for them. I would love to have a Spock or Klingon, OS and TNG, and some Romulans in 1/6 scale.

I always thought SSC could make a killing if they made Trek figs, especially like this. It seemed like they were meant to be, then they picked up the Star Wars license and it seemed like Star Trek would go back on the shelf.

Back