Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT: This thread is now for all Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) including but not limited to:
Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser, Getter Robo, Giant Robot, Tetsujin 28, Reideen, Combattler, Gaiking, etc...

So,
Seeing that there's a lot of anime fans here, I'm wondering where are the Mazinger Fans out there??

Even though the original TV show is from the 70's, it was hugely popular in Latin America in the 80's. I grew up watching this cartoon in Mexico, that along with Tetsujin 28 and Astroboy set the bar for future anime shows and definetely are one of go Nagai's most influential creations.

This are product pics of the Soul of Chogokin series from Bandai by Tim Brisko!
Mazinger Rules!!!

gx0101.jpg

gx0110.jpg

Also here's one of Max Factory's Mazinkaiser:

10043298a4.jpg

I'll post some pics of my collection later this week, but in the meantime...
Majin Go!!!

Last edited:
Re: MAZINGER Z (Tranzor Z)- Official thread!!

Being a huge Soul of shogokin fan, I'm looking forward to seeing your collection. I myself own 4 of the 6 Eva's - still need the yellow and the red one, a Mazinger Z OVA version, a Tetsujin 28 repaint version (getting the original soon), Black Ox, a Ufo Robot Grendizer black version, Daiku Maryu Gaiking black version. Not that I prefer the black versions over the colored ones, but at the time, these were the only ones I could get my hands on. Usually I only buy these robots if I can find them for a good price, but even at full price, they are worth the money.

I didn't really watch the show, but I've got a couple of the diecast figures-- the Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, and the Mazinkaiser released by Aoshima and the more recent Max Factory one. Here's an old collection pic, you can see three of them lined up in the back:

03-03.jpg

One of my favorite renditions of Mazinger was the steampunk re-imagining done by Fewture, Mazinger 1901 (this one was a repaint color version):

mazinger.jpg

Not made out of diecast, ABS plastic I think, but very nicely detailed...

Fewture is releasing a new set of diecast re-designs as part of their EX Gokin line called Mazinger 1969, they look pretty trippy, very organic:

ex_mazinger10.jpg

ex_g_mazinger1.jpg

I see you have the EVA 02 production model :D I still need that one... I also have the Kaneda & bike. Actually 2 of them. Still in the box.

I need the EVA 00 blue version, which I heard was really nicely done. And I have 2 Kaneda bikes as well, the other's still in its box. When I heard they were doing the bike as a chogokin, I was totally geeked :)

I need the EVA 00 blue version, which I heard was really nicely done. And I have 2 Kaneda bikes as well, the other's still in its box. When I heard they were doing the bike as a chogokin, I was totally geeked :)
The Blue EVA was the first I ever got. It's exactly as all the other EVAs, awesome. It comes with the spear of Longines, as you know. Remembering buying the blue EVA is as joyful, as it is sad: I had the chance to buy the red and the yellow EVA too, but I only bought the blue. So now, I'm still trying to complete the set by hunting down the red and yellow EVAs!

GRENDIZER WAS BETTER.:cool:

I love the SOC figures... I only have 2 of them (used to have 3), but I think they are fantastic. I also have the 70's Gaiking Shogun Warrior, which is one of my favorites.

r.jpg

there is defenetly one right here, all of my stuff iss in boxes due to renovations so i can't take pics :(

i grew up watching mazinger and the other super robots in venezuela, and to this day like them the same or even more. BRESTO FIRE!!! LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w6vB1-LiuT4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/w6vB1-LiuT4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

there is defenetly one right here, all of my stuff iss in boxes due to renovations so i can't take pics :(

i grew up watching mazinger and the other super robots in venezuela, and to this day like them the same or even more. BRESTO FIRE!!! LOL

Nice, resurrecting this great thread!!:D
Saludos compañero!

Well could be good timing with Sideshow distributing the Mazinger Z figure.

when i was a kid mazzinger was broadcast by a local tv station , but was very polular ( i remember that they even showed the mazzinger movie on a local theater, i dont think there has been another anime projectioned on a theater after that )
most people my generation (80´s kids) would recognize mazzinger, kick ass anime caracter

when i was a kid mazzinger was broadcast by a local tv station , but was very polular ( i remember that they even showed the mazzinger movie on a local theater, i dont think there has been another anime projectioned on a theater after that )
most people my generation (80´s kids) would recognize mazzinger, kick ass anime caracter

Hey!!! Saludos paisano!
Yep, Mazinger was my favorite show of the 80's in Mexico!

I am not an anime fan, but I love those! Anyone here has the female line from Fewture?
I have Aflodai and love that fig.

Wohooo!!
Great news for the anime old schoolers!!
New Mazinger TV series:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/r45gYO1PLYc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/r45gYO1PLYc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More info here!!

p_s1235574394.jpg

I'm resurrecting this thread due to this awesome news!!!

Super Robot Chogokin by Bandai!!!

https://tomopop.com/announcing-the-super-robot-chogokin-figure-line-by-bandai-12458.phtml

Announcing the Super Robot Chogokin figure line by Bandai

by Andres Cerrato on 05/18/2010

The overlords at the Bandai Collectors Division decided that it's not enough to parade around new kits at Shizuoka without showing off their great line of action figures. Teased around for months has been the unveiling of a new chogokin line of figures. The new line was formally announced today as Super Robot Chogokin. The figures will resemble Bandai's popular of Soul of Chogokin line, but will be around 6 inches in height and feature PVC and ABS plastics alongside die-cast metal.

To usher in the new line, the first figure detailed is Mazinger Z, who will be priced at 3675 yen in August. Alongside will be a separate weapons pack, loaded with effect parts, released on its own for 1050 yen. The following month will see the release of Great Mazinger, coming in at 4725 yen. The last of the known releases will be Super Robot Wars OG's Alteisen, which will be available for an October release for 5040 yen.

The best part of this line has yet to be fully announced, but by judging from the prototype samples on display, this could end up being a tremendous line-up. Daizengar, Gear Fighter Dendoh, Cybuster, Raideen and God Raideen, Sun Vulcan, and Shin Ken-O are all figures that I could easily want right this moment. I'd kill a man if they promised me a Dragon Cesar (Dragonzord) in this line. Seriously, I'd do it.

This line-up holds a ton of promise and looks to remain in a decent price range. What super robots or sentai mechs would you kill for in this line?

[Images via Amiami Blog]

30-550x.jpg

28-550x.jpg

03-550x.jpg

02-550x.jpg

:yess::yess::yess:

Back