Creature From The Black Lagoon...a Long Overdue Premium Format Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
I realize there may be folks out there clamoring for their particular favorite Universal Monster to receive the PF treatment. Hunchback, Masqued Phantom, maybe even Invisible Man or Dracula's Daughter. I myself would absolutely love a Werewolf Of London with Hat and old style overcoat. An exclusive with Henry Hull head and hands would be awesome too. Hint, hint. But I digress.

The most conspicuously absent Monster from the PF line up (as it stands) is arguably the Creature From The Black Lagoon. So where is he? Is the hold up in execution? Sculpture? What media to mix to make it truly a PF? Personally I couldn't care less if they mix the media or not. Look at the Iron Man. It's technically not a PF, yet I sit it right next to my PF's. Same size, same subject matter and awesome as you know what. It's been hinted at repeatedly in chats with Sideshow's employees, yet he hasn't surfaced yet. So... where's my Creature?

I just watched this film a few days ago for the gazillionth time. The Creature design has truly aged well. I would place this classic design against any modern Predator or Alien design. Without the benefit (and I use the term loosely) of CGI enhancement, Ricou Browning and Ben Chapman created a memorable screen monster that is just as awesome to view as any contemporary Creature by Stan Winston, George Lucas or any one else.

When you consider the fact that Mr. Browning had to actually swim in that get up, and he did it well without looking clumsy, awkward or fake you can also appreciate this monster on an even new level simply because the film and effects are over half a century old.... and look as good (if not better) than what we go see at the cinemas now. So where's my Creature?

If Sideshow and Universal suddenly had a falling out, and only one more Monster PF were to be done, I think the majority(admittedly not all) would say it has to be the Creature. Now, Spooktackular is coming up. Can you guess what announcement I am hoping for? Come on Sideshow...where's my Creature?

I realize there may be folks out there clamoring for their particular favorite Universal Monster to receive the PF treatment. Hunchback, Masqued Phantom, maybe even Invisible Man or Dracula's Daughter. I myself would absolutely love a Werewolf Of London with Hat and old style overcoat. An exclusive with Henry Hull head and hands would be awesome too. Hint, hint. But I digress.

The most conspicuously absent Monster from the PF line up (as it stands) is arguably the Creature From The Black Lagoon. So where is he? Is the hold up in execution? Sculpture? What media to mix to make it truly a PF? Personally I couldn't care less if they mix the media or not. Look at the Iron Man. It's technically not a PF, yet I sit it right next to my PF's. Same size, same subject matter and awesome as you know what. It's been hinted at repeatedly in chats with Sideshow's employees, yet he hasn't surfaced yet. So... where's my Creature?

I just watched this film a few days ago for the gazillionth time. The Creature design has truly aged well. I would place this classic design against any modern Predator or Alien design. Without the benefit (and I use the term loosely) of CGI enhancement, Ricou Browning and Ben Chapman created a memorable screen monster that is just as awesome to view as any contemporary Creature by Stan Winston, George Lucas or any one else.

When you consider the fact that Mr. Browning had to actually swim in that get up, and he did it well without looking clumsy, awkward or fake you can also appreciate this monster on an even new level simply because the film and effects are over half a century old.... and look as good (if not better) than what we go see at the cinemas now. So where's my Creature?

If Sideshow and Universal suddenly had a falling out, and only one more Monster PF were to be done, I think the majority(admittedly not all) would say it has to be the Creature. Now, Spooktackular is coming up. Can you guess what announcement I am hoping for? Come on Sideshow...where's my Creature?

I agree with you about the suit. I think my favorite scene is where he is swimming directly beneath the girl in the lagoon.

It means they are exclusive. Mainly to those living in the U.S., due to restrictive shipping costs. The regulars are available, due to arrangements with local distributors, at a more affordable price, due to distributors having a container load of items shipped, cutting the normal shipping price of an individual.

It means they are exclusive. Mainly to those living in the U.S., due to restrictive shipping costs. The regulars are available, due to arrangements with local distributors, at a more affordable price, due to distributors having a container load of items shipped, cutting the normal shipping price of an individual.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I couldn't find an exact still from the film, but I'd like to see him posed carrying the girl into his cave.

Creature1.jpg

I'm still not sure I understand. Because you choose not to buy exclusives (due to restrictive shipping costs), you want to force everyone, everywhere, to live by the same rule? Sorry, but that doesn't work for me.

It doesn't surprise me you don't understand. You must be living in a bubble. It doesn't hurt your hip pocket. Besides, they haven't done an exclusive in this line yet, why start now. Why can't everyone enjoy the same piece of Universal magic. I am not forcing eveyone, everywhere, please don't talk in absolutes, it's irrational and incorrect.

It is neither irrational nor incorrect. What is incorrect (and in my view, irrational) is your thinking that, because you eschew exclusives, none should be produced (thereby forcing everyone to live by the same restriction you place on yourself). That you seem unable to understand THAT concept is interesting.

Why can't everyone enjoy the same piece of Universal magic.

Because life isn't fair. If it were, every collectible piece I want to own would be available to me at a price I could afford.

I do eschew exclusives, you got that right. Where did I say none should be produced? Is Sideshow going to produce an exclusive Uni Monster PF because I request them not to? Are they not going to produce one because I request them not to? They will do what they like regardless of what I air as my personal view and request. That's a request, not an order. Sideshow will be the ones forcing people to buy the regular edition if they don't produce an exclusive, and not giving YOU the option. Take your view of my posting up with them.

Why can't everyone enjoy the same piece of Universal magic? These are PF's. PF's in a series. The price of each piece is around the same price, excepting for The Mummy, having a sarcophagus. I would expect The Creature to be in the same vicinity, pricewise, as the rest. I would be able to afford more pieces if I was able to pay the low prices you pay in the States. I choose to pay the prices they cost in my country, because I want them.

This needs to get back on track. I probably wouldn't buy the PF Creature if it came with Julia Adams, as Kay Lawrence, in his arms. They can save that for the exclusive perhaps, but the regular would have to have it's arms posed in a natural way, not palms up, as it would be carrying someone.

Last edited:
I do eschew exclusives, you got that right. Where did I say none should be produced? Is Sideshow going to produce an exclusive Uni Monster PF because I request them not to? Are they not going to produce one because I request them not to? They will do what they like regardless of what I air as my personal view and request. That's a request, not an order. Sideshow will be the ones forcing people to buy the regular edition if they don't produce an exclusive, and not giving YOU the option. Take your view of my posting up with them.

Why can't everyone enjoy the same piece of Universal magic? These are PF's. PF's in a series. The price of each piece is around the same price, excepting for The Mummy, having a sarcophagus. I would expect The Creature to be in the same vicinity, pricewise, as the rest. I would be able to afford more pieces if I was able to pay the low prices you pay in the States. I choose to pay the prices they cost in my country, because I want them.

This needs to get back on track. I probably wouldn't buy the PF Creature if it came with Julia Adams, as Kay Lawrence, in his arms. They can save that for the exclusive perhaps, but the regular would have to have it's arms posed in a natural way, not palms up, as it would be carrying someone.

I am really glad you took the time to hi-jack this thread about a CFTBL PF. You know, instead of simply starting your own on a totally different subject that seems to annoy you. If I want to request a million dollars in small unmarked American currency and a fueled chopper at the airport...then that's my right. Especially as its a dang side note in a thread that I started.... and not even the main focus at that. All of this baloney about not requesting an exclusive because you live outside of the US has nothing to do with the freaking CREATURE FROMTHE BLACK LAGOON.. Not to seem rude, but dang... how much effort would it have took to start a thread and call it "Please SSC, don't make any Universal PF exclusives because I live in ___________(fill in your location)."?

Besdies there are exclusives for these things...or haven't you heard of SSE's and the new Nosferatu 1:1 bust with Purple Pie Man hat accessory? Jeesh.

Important note before this thread goes further in the direction its going....Be warned...

You messed with the Creecher ,Start a war of words with this Noble warrior and The Krusaders will hunt you down.

Important note before this thread goes further in the direction its going....Be warned...

You messed with the Creecher ,Start a war of words with this Noble warrior and The Krusaders will hunt you down.

All I am saying is that if you want to start a thread about a topic that has nothing to do with the thread you posted it in, then do it. If you want to comment on whether or not you want a Creature PF, then do it in that thread. I wouldn't go to a thread about the PF Green Goblin and turn the thread around about why something was only available in France. There are a zillion different topic areas on this board and countless threads. With a guy named Creecher, you would think there would be plenty for them to add about the long wait for The Creature. Not soapboxing because someone made a passing (and obviously not happening) remark about a Werewolf of London PF. Kind of like you getting spell checked and it being entirely off the subject in your Hulk vs. Superman thread in the Marvel section.:monkey1

Last edited:
This thread is heading down an interesting path.....

As for the topic I think that a Creature PF is long long overdue. I'd love for them to just create a large 1/4 sized creature with a polystone head and hands sculpted but the body in a suit similar to the 1/6. It'd be a great addition and sellout without a doubt.

This thread is heading down an interesting path.....

As for the topic I think that a Creature PF is long long overdue. I'd love for them to just create a large 1/4 sized creature with a polystone head and hands sculpted but the body in a suit similar to the 1/6. It'd be a great addition and sellout without a doubt.

A Base that would make use of something resembling water (like the 8" figure had... sans nameplate) would look great in the grander scale that a pf would offer. I would also love it if they could find some way to incorporate the skeletal fossil hand found at the beginning of the picture into the piece.

Hey, all I did was request that an exclusive not be produced in the Uni-Monsters line. A subject which you brought up in your initial thread. I was done. You chose to entice me to explain. So I did. Then someone else decided to jump on board. I then tried to bring this thread back on track. Are you another bubble dweller? Calling a kettle black. Sheesh. :lol

Back