Official Sloth Love Chunk/Goonies Never Say Die Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sladesuperagent

Mine's bigger.
Reaction score
I decided to pick up the 1/6 Sloth figure from Rebirth (who?) a couple weeks ago. It was roughly 66% cheaper than I'd ever seen it, so I bit the bullet and bought him.

I hafta say, he's majorly cool. As you can see, he's quite large--in fact, a little out of scale. The rubber suit is huge over the upper body, which of course hinders movement, but the material feels softer than the Hot Toys rubber--how it ages should be interesting. Man, he is heavy.

The sculpt is waaaaay nicer than I first thought it would be, which I'm elated about. The paint needs reworked, so if anyone is chompin' at the bit to paint a Sloth, lemme know! There's way too much pink wash over him, which doesn't match the flesh of the body.

The clothes are nicer than expected. Jacket is lined, the boots are cool, the pants have the flanned patch on the butt, and he has two shirts (I'll take more pics).

The biggest problem I have with the figure is that he came undone in the box possibly during shipping, which caused massive paint to be rubbed off his nose and the breakage of his right hand. And of course the paint rubbed all over the back of the plastic window. At first I was a little peaved, but he is quite hefty, so this may only be something that would have been avoided if the figure had been packed separately. I contactd the buyer, but I'm not sure if I want a full refund. Like I said, the price was really solid--but a broken figure is not a mint figure and I ordered a mint figure, so I'm hoping we can work something out. I think a partial refund would be acceptable.

DSC06505.jpg

WE RULED THE EIGHTIES!!!

Pretty good sculpt--I think A new paint job will really bring it out.
DSC06507.jpg

See the paint rubbed nose:
DSC06508.jpg

And the broken hand (I did find the other half of that "c"):
DSC06510.jpg

I took a little Goo Gone to the back of the plastic and most of the flesh colored paint came off.
DSC06511.jpg

I'll take more shots of the box art.
DSC06506.jpg

The culprit:
DSC06513.jpg

Wow, interesting. When I first heard about this figure I looked for reviews but could never find one. That's awesome you got one cheap but from the looks of it I don't know if it's worth any amount of $. Hopefully you can get it fixed up right, there does look to be some potential...

HEY YOU GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was too young to see Goonies in the theaters, wish I was, but it's one of my all time favorite movies. Plus, Andy was hot.

I would buy it only if it was REALLY REALLY cheap. I don't think, by the looks o it, it's worth paying big bucks. I'll keep waiting for the Mezco line, their Sloth looks spectacular (the kids are okay).

The saga continues...
DSC06577.jpg

After some thought and discussion, I've decided to keep my wounded Sloth and not return him to China. He's grown on me--his toothless grin has warmed my cockles--and even though he is with his faults, sending him back to Hong Kong would not be worth it. I talked with the seller, and he would have refunded me completely, but I would have ate it on shipping back to him. He's offered me free shipping on another item and I've sent him my want list, so he may turn into a great source (which to me could be worth it). And I really didn't want to go into the hole another $40 on a figure I got for 1/3 of it's retail, especially since I'm getting him repainted. But not only does the figure have a broken hand and a paint-rubbed nose--he has a right shoulder that is broken/seperated too and I can't take the rubber suit off to fix it...yet.

DSC06578.jpg

But I did get the wrist peg out so I may be able to fix the hand.

DSC06579.jpg

The bar in the back of the hand is molded in the same rubber as the hand, but it is harder.

DSC06580.jpg

Does anyone know this wrist joint? I don't think it was closed, but a "c" shape. As you can see, I shredded it with the pliers, but the inner plastic of the "c" looks molded that way. At first I thought it was a closed circle--I've never seen a wrist like this.

DSC06581.jpg

I can repaint him anytime, Slade. :D
As for that wrist joint...may need some special love and care.
All figures are fixable! Let me know if I can help.

Love this movie, and that figure rocks Slade. Great Pick-up, Congrats!

I can repaint him anytime, Slade. :D
As for that wrist joint...may need some special love and care.
All figures are fixable! Let me know if I can help.

I forgot that not only are you an awesome customizer, but also a surgeon with the damages. You are not the master for nothing :rock

iwantyou.jpg

Thanks Les! I'M DEFINITELY gonna take you up on it--I just got to move Dec. 1st (BIGGER TOY ROOM and a POOL :rock) and I got some schmuck's wedding this weekend in OKLAHOMA of all places!:rolleyes:

F you Nate! You know your secretly thrilled to visit Oklahoma... home of Will Rogers (I think) and giant wind turbines!!!

I've sent Sloth to Les for fixing/sculpt/repaint. I'm really, really, really siked!!!

I found these great pics online for him to start with:
Goonies_sloth1.jpg
Goonies_sloth2.jpg
Goonies_sloth3.jpg

He said he'll start with the fixing the hands and then focus on the head. I'm pretty set on having him add to the sculpt and not just repaint it. I know he's in good hands, so now I rather have it "movie accurate" then just "repaired".

If he looks anything like the kids that'd be a no sale :monkey4 Although maybe the head could be salvaged and popped on a 12" figure?

Super old bump. thinking of getting this, does anyone know how much it goes for? I know it not up today's standards so no need to tell me it sucks or whatever, would just like to know how much it normally goes for.

Back