CAPTAIN AMERICA....UGH.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this turns out to be anything more than an "Rhodey is The War Machine while Tony suffers through being a drunk, but everything will be okay after this storyline runs its course" kind of thing then it may be time to hit the back issue bins on Wednesdays... and stay away from new issues.:monkey2

Captain America would never cower before a foreign power, earthbound or alien. Seriously though the suit aint clickin with me.

I thought the top pic looked kinda cool, but yeah....I can smell where you guys are coming from....must resist urge to mindlessly approve of any and all tasty Ross art.......

Eh, it's not bad. I'm not a big fan of him having a knife and gun, but that's more because almost anyone can fight with a gun and knife. Being a superhero means fighting in extraordinary ways to me. I wonder if it's Bucky...

The Avengers/Invaders thing sounds pretty cool.

Is this pic from that new Alex Ross series from Dynamite?

Superpowers_t.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The new costume doesn't look terrible. I'm personally not liking the black lower half, make it dark blue possibly with some black accents and perhaps it would balance out better.

And Capt. America with a gun is actually taking the character back to his roots. I have no issue with it at all.
Not bad, but not fantastic either.

You people are all ****ing retarded. :emperor With the exceptions of Ill Jedi and screamingmetal. :rock

This is clearly a political statement, as was the death of Steve Rogers, the idealistic, "Jeffersonian" Captain America, who, clearly, has no place in modern-day America, a country I no longer recognize. Putting in his place a renegade former Soviet assassin (don't ****ing argue, it's Bucky), whose adopted ethics include everything that America supposedly stood against for the entirety of the Cold War, clearly stands as a parable for the foreign affairs policy of our country. He's clearly a tool of tyranny.

This Captain America is a bastardization of the character, true. But he stands firm as the icon of the new American ideal. :( And that makes him brilliant. It's a slap in the face to the war in Iraq, to the gun-loving American society, etc., etc.

Of course, I could be wrong, and he could just be a metaphorical call for armed revolution. But I guess we'll all find out together. :D

You people are all ****ing retarded. :emperor With the exceptions of Ill Jedi and screamingmetal. :rock

This is clearly a political statement, as was the death of Steve Rogers, the idealistic, "Jeffersonian" Captain America, who, clearly, has no place in modern-day America, a country I no longer recognize. Putting in his place a renegade former Soviet assassin (don't ****ing argue, it's Bucky), whose adopted ethics include everything that America supposedly stood against for the entirety of the Cold War, clearly stands as a parable for the foreign affairs policy of our country. He's clearly a tool of tyranny.

This Captain America is a bastardization of the character, true. But he stands firm as the icon of the new American ideal. :( And that makes him brilliant. It's a slap in the face to the war in Iraq, to the gun-loving American society, etc., etc.

Of course, I could be wrong, and he could just be a metaphorical call for armed revolution. But I guess we'll all find out together. :D

After reading all that now I feel retarded. :monkey1

Back