more HOBBIT news from EW!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a nice summary of all that has happened to date. As it said, even if the law suit ended tomorrow there are still a number of issues that could keep the project from happening in time before they lose the rights.

...even if the law suit ended tomorrow there are still a number of issues that could keep the project from happening in time before they lose the rights.

True but I like the possibility of Peter being a Producer and hand picking a director with whom he can work as a project overseer.

Great article. Thanks for posting that.

True but I like the possibility of Peter being a Producer and hand picking a director with whom he can work as a project overseer.

Great article. Thanks for posting that.

:rock :rock Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something gets worked out. In my opinion there is no Hobbit without Jackson and if he's wearing the producer cap and not directing then so be it......but he needs to be involved in some way, shape or form.

I think it is also possible that as soon as the rights revert to Saul Zaentz, he will go after PJ and the project will be set up at another studio. I would much rather have a Hobbit with PJ, Howard Shore, Ian McKellen, Weta, etc. and have it be a Warner Bros production (for example) than have New Line spit out a rushed production just to get it finished before they lose the rights. I can't imagine The Hobbit without PJ, but I can certainly imagine it with him at a new studio.

Yes, but look how badly things turned out when Lucas tried that on Empire Strikes Back!

Finally a little bit more light is shinned on the Hobbit. This movie has to I mean must be made!

P+J=LOTR LOTR-PJ=:yuck

SIMPLE FREAKIN MATH

Great article with some hope offered to all of us who want this to happen. My dream is to be able to take my grandson - who is 6 this month and a LOTR fanatic - to see it long before he has to drive me there. 2010 would be perfect.

After you read the article check out the readers comments. People are really behind PJ on this one.

:rock :rock Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something gets worked out. In my opinion there is no Hobbit without Jackson and if he's wearing the producer cap and not directing then so be it......but he needs to be involved in some way, shape or form.

Very true :lecture

I think it is also possible that as soon as the rights revert to Saul Zaentz, he will go after PJ and the project will be set up at another studio. I would much rather have a Hobbit with PJ, Howard Shore, Ian McKellen, Weta, etc. and have it be a Warner Bros production (for example) than have New Line spit out a rushed production just to get it finished before they lose the rights. I can't imagine The Hobbit without PJ, but I can certainly imagine it with him at a new studio.

Yes, but look how badly things turned out when Lucas tried that on Empire Strikes Back!

Whats to stop New Line renewing their rights to the film when their current rights expire:confused: Its a pity that New Line appear to get no credit for the LoTR Trilogy. Without them Peter Jackson would not be a household name he is today. Great Directors need Great Studios behind them and this was the case.

I hope both parties settle their differences and make the Hobbit and soon.

Whats to stop New Line renewing their rights to the film when their current rights expire:confused: Its a pity that New Line appear to get no credit for the LoTR Trilogy. Without them Peter Jackson would not be a household name he is today. Great Directors need Great Studios behind them and this was the case.

I hope both parties settle their differences and make the Hobbit and soon.

I wouldn't call NL great. :lol

Lord of the Rings was great because of PJ, Weta, New Line and the actors working together as a team. I think anyone who minimizes the importance and contribution of any one of those is doing them a disservice.

Also, if any of PJ, Weta, New Line and or the pertinent actors (ie Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, etc.) are not part of the Hobbit, I don't think the continuity will flow as well as possible to LotR.

For example, who owns the likeness rights of the characters and the design of the sets, etc. Would Rivendell look the same? Could Gandalf look the same? Does New Line own likeness rights, etc? Who owns John Howe's and Alan Lee's concept art?

Yes, I have been keeping up on the feedback posts. Jackson has the wide support of the vast majority in this unscientific survey. And I am sure that somebody at New Line has the task today of keeping track of public opinion.

Both sides were responsible for the films' successes.

By the way, has anyone read the reader feedback posts for that article?? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sideshow Freaks United Fri, Oct 05, 07 at 01:04 PM
Enough with the post padding, Pix, Shai, Bannister and the rest of you bozos. P!tu, keep up the good work. ;) :0 ;) :0 ;)
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I wouldn't call NL great. :lol

For a relatively new/small studio I would have great respect for what they have released over the years. Nothing Peter Jackson did before LoTR could be considered a master-piece either. King Kong was no great shakes:D

Back