Blackbeard is Incredible!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Double Dare

I saw Blackbeard today and had to bring him home. This figure is simply incredible! It is awesome in terms of quality and if this is a sign of things to come for the rest of the year, then we are in for quite a ride.

Nick

Where?

Is Edward out at retailers already? I didn't even know it was shipping from SS?

Re: Where?

Dave,

Monkey Depot already has him. I picked one up here in Manila.
Run, don't walk!

Nick

Re: Where?

Is Edward out at retailers already? I didn't even know it was shipping from SS?

Yep, Sideshow changed him to 'in stock' a day or so ago. It's good to see that Sideshow don't take their time despatching stock to resellers, despite their own web presence.

I really like the look of this figure, but unfortunately I don't have the cash to get him. I may get him on the secondary market, though, at some point in the future. Thank god not everything multiplies in value like LOTR :) .

Mine has been on pre-order from Good Stuff To Go. I didn't want to miss out on this one.

Rabbit

I just recieved mine in the mail today.If this is the new standard in quality from Sideshow,I have no problem at all with the ten dollar price increase,Blackbeard's well worth every extra penny.The clothes seem to be of a tighter weave and the detail of the accessories and paint application on the face are simply fantastic!This is as much a museum piece as is thier larger scale figures,imo.

Great I look forward to him next week and every Live by The Sword figure after him especially my Vlad Tepish with the severed head accessory.

Ok, I got my Blackbeard in today and I have mixed feelings about him. Overall, I love the figure and I am glad I got him but I have to point out a few things that took me by surprise.

On the positive side, the sculpt and paint is tip top. The clothing is great as well, all around. All the accessories, pistols and sword are great as well.

My negatives are based on the price which is one of the most expensive one's SS has put out for their 1/6th figures. At $50 I expect a better effort on the belts. The cheap material used was not to my liking. These should have been a nice leather like material we've seen plenty of times before. And the sheath for the sword was just a loop on one of the cheap belts.

So, I don't recall the issue number but maybe the price is a reflection on that but for $50, I don't like the few shortcuts that were taken.

Enough of that though, he's a great figure and I will get over his shortcomings. Bring on more LBTS!

Just got Blackbeard, I have the same problem as Todd, a scabbard would have been welcome. The sword loop on the belt was just glued on and came off the first time I put the sword in it.

But overall I love the figure - look at all those buttons!

Well,yes the bandolier could have been made out of something more durable,but still it is a very minor flaw that takes nothing away from the look of the figure,imo.I don't really think the Blackbeard figure needs to have a scabbard,I want to show off his bloody sword brazenly in my collection.

I think he's great and the lack of a scabbard isn't really a problem. But the first time I looked at him my thinking was - "okay, what can be used for Capt. Jack Sparrow and what more will I have to make?" Capt. Jack, I believe, had a scabbard, but most of Blackbeard's clothes will work once the dye hits them.

For those who think that the Blackbeard headsculpt is just a bit over-the-top, the outfit (including the hat) fits perfectly on a Dragon "Lord Arnaut" figure (minus the armor, of course). Arnaut *really* looks the part of a late-17th century/early 18th century pirate.

Regarding the lack of a scabbard for the sword, this is probably authentic. That's how swords were often carried in those days.

love the headsculpt,

Blackbeard was over the top in real life,he wore candles in his beard and then lit them to frighten those in battle against him.I wouldn't want to tone down his ferocity myself.I love the fact that you can see his tongue and a missing tooth in the aggresive expression of his face.(Who did this one,Oluf ?)

Did anyone else not get a stand with Blackbeard. I know it dosen't say he comes with one. I just wanted to know if this was just mine or if none of them come with stands. Any help would be great.

Nope, no stand for Mr. Teach - don't quote me but I only think the licensed properties come with stands usually, not the historical figures.

Re

Billy boy hasn't arrived here yet, but, when I saw it posted on the Sideshow website, I went straight to my distributor and ordered it .
Knowing Sideshows quality, I was blown away by the elaborate costuming of this particular figure and the accessories. Definitely a must have item , yeah. Oh yeah.

Run size????????

I´m just curious to know how many pieces are going to be made. Does any of you have any idea?

Re: Run size????????

I hadn't noticed that they haven't announced the edition size yet. They don't seem to be putting numbers on the historical figures. I had never noticed that before.

I got my Blackbeard and while I have yet to free him from his plastic prison he is great looking an extremely well sculpted.

Make sure to put all your wenchy dolls away before you let him out -Rape and Pillage be his middle name!

Nick

Back