The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
A place to speak your mind about one of the best action pictures EVER!

DIE HARD

And the sequels if we must...

I know there's some great customs out there so hopefully they will get posted here.

In the mean time, here's my own:

HGruberfull1.jpg

Here's a picture of the little radio I did for him, with a still compare:

walkiecompare-movieto1-6.jpg

And incidently, can anyone recommend what they believe is the best Willis Die Hard sculpt out there? (not counting the Hartigan)

Last edited:
Yippee-Kay-Yay Mother****er!

Nice starting this thread Wor-Gar, great film. As nice as some of the customs/head sculpts floating around are, only that Sin City one has really struck me as truly capturing Willis. Hard Heroes is ok, but a little off to me. If a great McClane head came along, I'd be all over making a custom of the Cowboy.

Just a fly in the ointment Hans.

I'm not the one who just got butt****ed on national television, DWAYNE!

Granted, it's not THE film, but I can't wait for Live Free or Die Hard to hit dvd, classic McClane there.

Fists with your toes.

There are lots of great action movies, but they usually involve some sci-fi or horror or fantasy or adventure elements. As far as a straight actioner goes -- DIE HARD is probably the best of all time. No aliens, no Nazis, no super plots of world domination -- just a simple gripping mano-a-mano premise.

What sets Die Hard out from Rambo and Schwarzenegger films is that Bruce Willis isn't some jacked superhuman; he's as they say, an ordinary guy "in the wrong place at the wrong time." All McClane has in any situation is hit wits and he usually comes up with a MacGuyver way of devising something from nothing in a situation. Who else could take out 4 germans in an elevator with one gun, really (Die Hard With a Vengeance). I used a gift card from my bday to buy the trilogy pack that came out with Live Free, and I have to say, 1, 3 and 4 really fit together, but 2 just seems out of place for some reason, still entertaining, but something makes it not fit with the rest of them and I can't put my finger on it. I have to say, of all the catch phrases from 80's action, "I'll be back", "I'm your worst nightmare", "yippee-kay-yay mother****er" is the most fun one to repeat.

speaking about die hard...

'Die Hard' Director Sentenced to Prison

Sept. 24, 2007
The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- A federal judge sentenced Hollywood director John McTiernan to four months in prison Monday after refusing to allow him to withdraw his guilty plea to charges of lying to the FBI about his association with disgraced private eye Anthony Pellicano.

Judge Dale S. Fischer gave the director of such films as "Die Hard" and "The Thomas Crown Affair" until Jan. 15 to turn himself in to authorities. McTiernan's attorney said he would appeal.

McTiernan was also ordered to pay a $100,000 fine.

When he entered his plea last year, McTiernan said he lied when he told an FBI agent the only time he used Pellicano's services was during his divorce. In actuality, he said, he hired Pellicano to wiretap Charles Roven, who had worked with him on the 2002 box-office flop "Rollerball."

Pellicano, who served 2 1/2 years in federal prison for possessing illegal weapons, has pleaded not guilty to charges in a 111-count indictment accusing him of bugging phones and bribing police to get information on celebrities and others.

McTiernan was originally scheduled to be sentenced two weeks ago but that hearing was delayed after his lawyer asked that he be allowed to withdraw the plea and fight the charge. Attorney Milton Grimes said at the time that McTiernan hadn't had adequate legal representation when he entered the plea.

On Monday, the defense argued that when McTiernan spoke to the FBI agent he was tired from having returned from a long trip to Asia, was taking antibiotics for a sinus infection and had gone off his anti-depression medication.

The judge was not persuaded.

"I find these arguments completely lacking in credibility," she said.

McTiernan, who appeared in court in brown cowboy boots, black jeans and a blue blazer, did not speak.

Grimes said outside court he was disappointed in Fischer's ruling and would appeal.

He disagreed with Fischer's observation that McTiernan "lived a privileged life and simply wants to continue that."

Stallone I admit looses any bit of seriousness due to his lower lip problem but is a HELL of alot better actor than Aunie! Bruce Willis a better actor? Sure. Better action star than Stallone, not in a million years!

Stallone caters to world wide audiences whereas Willis is more appealing to the American movie fan. Just my opinion thats all!

Stallone I admit looses any bit of seriousness due to his lower lip problem but is a HELL of alot better actor than Aunie! Bruce Willis a better actor? Sure. Better action star than Stallone, not in a million years!

Stallone caters to world wide audiences whereas Willis is more appealing to the American movie fan. Just my opinion thats all!

Guess those that think Stallone can't act never saw Copland and his acting was great in First Blood. They also forget his Oscar nomination for Best Actor for Rocky.

And while Schwarzenegger not a great actor, his acting did improve throughout his career. He is a movie star.

Willis is the actor of the bunch, and the most riviting performer. He does both comedy and drama extreemly well.

Arnold is just Arnold he isn't an actor just a personality. He can do both comedy and drama well. Like John Wayne before him, he will never loose himself in the characters he plays. That is not a bad thing in fact that really works sometimes. In Arnold's case it works like a charm. I love him.

Sly... I'm sorry... He just leaves me cold............. Dosen't know how to play a scene for comedy at all. Have you seen "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot"?

Willis is the actor of the bunch, and the most riviting performer. He does both comedy and drama extreemly well.

Arnold is just Arnold he isn't an actor just a personality. He can do both comedy and drama well. Like John Wayne before him, he will never loose himself in the characters he plays. That is not a bad thing in fact that really works sometimes. In Arnold's case it works like a charm. I love him.

Sly... I'm sorry... He just leaves me cold............. Dosen't know how to play a scene for comedy at all. Have you seen "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot"?

Have you seen Junior?

The man is 60 years old with abs, filming John Rambo and now making another movie as an LAPD officer in the Tupac and Biggie deaths. If there was no Terminator there would probably be no Arnold, Sly is one of the only guys in Hollywood that is known for more than one film personality. Both in massive successes, Rocky, Rambo. No other "Action" star can say the same!

I do think Willis gets the edge in the "overall" acting department though.

Actually, Collateral Damage was an impressive performance by Schwarzenneger, for an action star; you really could believe his emotion and character.

Back onto Die Hard, I think as an action film, it had all the right elements working for it; humor, emotion/drama, great action, intense plot, surprises, I don't think there was anything you could ask for in the film. One of it's best elements is a fine actor portraying the core villain, very essential. Not to mention, how do you go wrong when you name the limo driver Argyle?

Kick ass thread guys. This is my all time favorite movie. I'd be embarassed to admit how many times I've seen it. It just has everything you could ever ask for in an action movie.

Kick ass thread guys. This is my all time favorite movie. I'd be embarassed to admit how many times I've seen it. It just has everything you could ever ask for in an action movie.

Same here... Die Hard is the best action film of all time. I love Arnold and Stallone, but Die Hard just rules on so many levels. You have amazing actors on all sides, good guys and bad guys. Rickman damn near steals the show! :rock

I can watch that film over and over again and it never gets old....

Same here... Die Hard is the best action film of all time. I love Arnold and Stallone, but Die Hard just rules on so many levels. You have amazing actors on all sides, good guys and bad guys. Rickman damn near steals the show! :rock

I can watch that film over and over again and it never gets old....

Absolutely! :rock

Now post your McClane, Josh :)

Back