What would be good other historical/military themes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Okay, we're going to get Live by the Sword which has evolved from generic knights and vikings to infamous personalities from history. Of all the non-media lines this is the one I'm most excited about, however the American Civil War, Six Gun Legends and Barbwire & Bayonets are all great arenas for figures.

I'm disappointed that they dropped the Fife & Drum which was previewed a couple of years ago which supposedly would have encompassed military figures from the American Revolution up to the mid-1800s (if I remember correctly).

Suggested in another thread have been other themes such as ethnic figures and non-military leaders. So let's play - create your own cohesive line that Sideshow might branch out into and tell us who would be in the line and why.

I'd still like to see a Fife and Drum series, from the Revolution through the War of 1812, but more from the common soldiers perspective.

I can't come up with anything really. Everything I want can be categorized in Live By The Sword or is a licenced property.

Roman soldiers by Sideshow would be fantastic.
Also, Sideshow need to do a Clint Eastwood 'man with no name' figure. That could go under the Six Gun Legends or Brotherhood of Arms.:D
Military stuff from the Irish wars of the 20th century, the 1916 Rising and War of Independence in particular would be cool also.

Okay, I'll play my own game - how about famous heroes of literarature? Sure I'd love to have a Tyrone Power or Antonio Banderas Zorro or Errol Flynn Robin Hood, but they good do the characters without making it a movie license. Also The Scarlet Pimpernel, any of Sabatini's heroes (Scaramouche), also Dickens, Robert Louis Stevenson (Treasure Island - more pirates!) and Sir Walter Scott (Ivanhoe), and many more. These wouldn't fall under Live By the Sword line because they aren't based on real people.

fife and drum

>: Are we ever going to see the much anticipated Revolutionary War figures from the fife and drum series? Washington (done correctly) would make a great figure. Let's model him after the 40 something general he was, not the older 60 something the other guy produced. Will we ever see sideshow produce a horse???

Thanks for listening:|

SideShow must be ready to release the FIFE AND DRUM line soon. I just saw them for pre-order on the Cotswold web site.
Hope this is encouraging,
Brent:D

I think Sideshow would be good making a series of Korean War figures. A few companies have made some figures from this conflict, but none of them have been knockouts. They can approach it like their WWI line with a emphasis to the foreign participants. Not only would you have a Pusan Perimeter GI or a Frozen Chosin Marine, Sideshow could hit a home run with Koreans, Chinese, British, Canadians, Australians, Turks, Greeks, French, etc...

Roman Legionaire
Spartan Soldier
Samurai
Shaolin Monk
Mongol Warrior
Attila the Hun
Alexander the Great
French Musketeer (or three ;) )
Napoleon
Wellington
Nelson
Joan of Arc

I'm sure there's more.

Nick

Highlander
Saracen
Crusader
Hussars of every stripe
Knight Templar
Conquistador

Nick

An American Soldier timeline series would be good. We already have Civil War, WWI, WWII, and now the upcoming Revolution. But what about a figure or two from the War of 1812, the Mexican War, or the Spanish-American War?

historical themes

The Spanish-American War, Pancho Villa and the Mexican Revolution and The Alamo

I just want to state that I agree with everything Arnakis wrote in his last post. :D

H & M Themes

Some others to consider:

-THE BUFFALO SOLDIERS

-THE PLAINS INDIANS

-SIR HENRY MORGAN; AKA 'MORGAN THE PIRATE'

-LEWIS AND CLARK

-THE ZULU WARS (1879)

-THE CRUSADERS

-THE ROARING TWENTIES; FEATURING-
-THE GANGSTERS & MOLLS
-THE BANKROBBERS
-THE BOOTLEGGERS
-THE G-MEN

Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie, Dave Crockett

A line called "Cut-throats and Murderers"
Jack the Ripper, Lucrezia Borgia etc....
How about an "executioner" with an axe, a blood spattered wood block, and a head in a basket?

Bushrangers such as Ned Kelly, Mad Dan Morgan and the like.

I'd like to see Sideshow have a crack at Napoleonic and Crimean era figures. Maybe even Falklands figures too (it's about time someone made a Falklands figure!) Can you tell my main interest is British figs?:D

I think Napoleonic's will fit into the Fife & Drum era, hopefully we'll see more 12" in that line. The 1/4 scale Napoleon looks great though.

i think the 30 year war would be neat. You'd have musketeers and pikemen, artillery and cavalry men from France, Prussia, Austria, Sweden, etc etc.

I'd like to see a Zulu Warrior, Tribal Warriors, or something along those lines. Other neat ones would be Roman Gladiators and Samurai Warriors.

Back