Batman Vs. Joker Statue DC Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
DC Direct seems to be following Sideshow's lead more and more every day. They have a new vs. piece shown on their site. It's quiet funny they even have a 360 turnaround feature. The statue looks kinda cool, I just might have to get this one.

batmanvs.joker1.jpg

VERY DYNAMIC POSE, I LOVE THAT ONE OF THE JOKERS SHOES IS ABOUT TO FALL..

I really like it! The sculpt looks great.

And I agree about DCD showing signs of upgrading their site. It's about time they step up their game.

yep, they're doing 1:2 scale busts also which legendary bust scale, so you could display them together

It is not that hard to believe that they are following Sideshow since they signed some of the better sculptors from Sideshow along with the popularity of the Marvel Sideshow pieces. I welcome the chance to have DC companion pieces to the Marvel ones if it is a VS or PF/Museum piece.

This I really like. I haven't been too impressed with their PFs and the LS line really has me doubting (although they did kick it up a notch making it mixed media) I would probably get this if I had the funds available upon release.

I like it, but am a little confused about the base. From the web site blurb:

"Sure to be two of the most talked about characters this year, Batman and The Joker are depicted here in a classic scenario: Batman fights to prevent The Joker from escaping Arkham Asylum!"

So what's with the "LAFF-CO" base if this is Arkham? Am I missing something?:confused::confused::confused:

I like it, but am a little confused about the base. From the web site blurb:

"Sure to be two of the most talked about characters this year, Batman and The Joker are depicted here in a classic scenario: Batman fights to prevent The Joker from escaping Arkham Asylum!"

So what's with the "LAFF-CO" base if this is Arkham? Am I missing something?:confused::confused::confused:

That is confusing. I believe Laff-Co was a toy factory, but I don't remember what story-line it was in.

I would have preferred Joker in his regular costume. I got the other 2 DC Vs. but this one doesn't sing to me.

That is confusing. I believe Laff-Co was a toy factory, but I don't remember what story-line it was in.

Laff-Co toy factory is Joker's hide out from the animated series. I don't know if it was used in the comics.

Laff-Co toy factory is Joker's hide out from the animated series. I don't know if it was used in the comics.

I knew the name sounded familiar. Probably from watching the series.

I would have preferred Joker in his regular costume. I got the other 2 DC Vs. but this one doesn't sing to me.

I like the straight-jacket. You usually see Joker in his purple jacket. It's nice to see something different.

This looks nice, but from the angle of the photo, it looks like Batman is trying to hit him with a shoe.
"Bad Joker! Bad!"

This statue looks good from a distance but up close it looks really messy. How much faith can you have in a statue when the proto's paintjob is already messy?

Back