with sideshow doing indiana jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maatuu52

Super Freak
Reaction score
well with sideshow doing indiana jones and the sculpt being incredible before the paint job. will this have an affect on the toymccoy figure,what do you guys think?

Toys McCoy. They made an Indiana Jones 1:6 figure and 1:6 Arabian horse that are worth quite a lot now a days.
Here's a website on them:
https://members.shaw.ca/toysmccoy/indymccoy.html

I do think it will effect the price, but not too drastically. I think the main reason people want one is because it's one of the best renditions of the character ever produced that's not a custom.
I only own one Toys McCoy figure, Marilin Monroe; excellent figure.

I think it would have a fairly big impact on the price. I don't think it will be worthless but certainly not commanding $700+ prices. I don't get the sense that the company "Toys McCoy" gets a lot of credit for the price, but that (like was said) this is the best produced version of Indy, no others (except customs which don't count) even come close.

I think if Sideshow does as good a job as we hope they do it will devalue the figure since no one has to go w/o the uber-expensive McCoy Indy as long as they can afford SS prices. I know I don't planning on trying to find a McCoy with the news from SS.

Sell it before it is too late!

You will find plenty of Mccoys on eBay at dumping price when Sideshow releases theirs.

I agree, Sideshow is gonna put all the bells and whistles into this line, since they know it's a long requested license and the Sideshow guys are all fans as well. I have the utmost faith that the Sideshow Indy will be the best 1/6 scale likeness seen yet. With those released the Toys Mccoy prices will drop, especially when people search ebay and both come up in the same search.

Yes indeed. Toys McCoys price will drop. Sideshow will make the best ever Indiana Jones. Customs wont compare. Sideshow will have to really ride the manufacturers to get it right. One mistake on Sideshows part and they will feel the backlash of the whip, and suffer the financial consequences.

Toys McCoys will always hold a place as a real and historic collectible. It will still command a high price.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. There are reasons for and against it having an impact. Like the Star Wars line, the latest figures will be better quality, but the smaller quantities of the old ones might offset the price drop to a certain extent.

I know if I had one.... it would be on Ebay right now. :lol

Best to sell now at a decent price than when the floor falls out from under it and the price drops. Before SSC, it was the best Indy you could buy without having any custom skills. But now... I am thinking SSC will knock it out of the park and the only real value of the Toys McCoy Indy will be for it's historical and vintage properties. Still will be pricey, but not THAT pricey.

Has anyone posted a picture of SSC's Indy sculpt yet? I haven't seen it.
Here's one pic, but I'm sure there was a better one somewhere on the board.

IMG_9755.jpg

I own the Toys McCoy and while it is great and heavily accessorized it is not the best Indy figure ever produced. Saw a custom last year at SDCC that puts all to shame. SSC's sculpt doesn't even come close. I would have paid real money for it too but it wasn't for sale. The company was Kaching Brands.

DSC_1890.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet they ask a pretty penny too. Ka ching. With Sideshow having the licence will Kaching Brands or Enterbay be able to produce theirs commercially?

He's such a tool. :lol

I own the Toys McCoy and while it is great and heavily accessorized it is not the best Indy figure ever produced. Saw a custom last year at SDCC that puts all to shame. SSC's sculpt doesn't even come close. I would have paid real money for it too but it wasn't for sale. The company was Kaching Brands.

DSC_1890.jpg

The clothes look perfect accept for the hat and the sculpt is just ok to me.

This cinemaquette is my favorite so far though...

Sorry but with SS making Indy that figure doesn't even compare to Trevs work. It just doesn't 4 me. I think SS makes the best stuff and this is a SS board. Again Trev's work is ****ing awesome and way better IMO than that custom. :)

I'm sure Trev's final sculpt will be just terrific, no doubt but SSC's track record with tailoring inaccuracies, paints apps inconsistencies for a fig on an obsolete and inferior body means the figure may not meet the standards of other toymakers.

If they can pull off a Maul, yeah, that woud be great but they haven't shown much in the way of consistent 1/6 quality standards for years now despite all the backlash here on this board...

Let's hope they at least do the proper due diligence and research this fig deserves before showing any less than acceptable proto pics, otherwise it will just be kitbash material. I seriously doubt the outfit (jacket and trousers) for this will even match the quality of Relic Hunter:D

But, having said all this I couldn't be more excited for the Indy line itself, 1/6 Raiders figs are a dream come true for so many collectors.

One other thing. Why wasn't this discussion on the Indiana Jones thread where it should be IMO.

Last edited:
Sideshow used to be the one setting the standards. That ship has sailed. They always have, and still do, set the standard for value for money. No one in the market comes close. That and that alone is why I became and am a Sideshow Freak.

I bet Sideshow does a better job than the Relic Hunter. That Hunter jacket needs tailoring, and Sideshows whip ought to beat it in scale as well. Sideshow just can't afford to drop the ball on this one.

Back