Dragon wars!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on!!! It's monsters fightin' and scrappin'! Who needs a story!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

D

Yeah, it's from Korea, they've started to do some big films, last year was The Host and now there's Dragon Wars, although this one is much more western without hardly anything from Korea.

I'll probably catch this one on dvd. It's reminds of those fun old B monster movies like "Earth vs the Spider" and "Them."

I saw an extended preview at SDCC and to each his own but it looked really awful to me. Sort of like one of those low budget made for the SciFi channel movies.

I caught the Host a few weeks ago, and if this movie is anywhere near as good then I will definitely have to check this out.

My Godzilla sense is tingling.

OK,

my lady and I caught this tonight and here's a quick and simple review.

It is cheesy, I mean like 1980's cheesy, in that the acting isn't all that great. The sequences with the monsters are very good fun. The battle in LA is particularly good. It's like it has all the missing scenes we wanted to have in Reign Of Fire.

It's a cheesy 80's monster flick with modern day effects, takes a little while, but when it gets going it's good clean fun. In an 80's way.

So it's quite 80's....but in all the good ways....In an 80's kind of way:rolleyes::confused::cool::cool:

D

Saw this ATOMIC BOMB today with my fiancee! It was Horrible!!! what a waste of money and time.DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!! A DISGRACE,HORRIBLE ACTING! NOT EVEN A HALF STAR!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.I wasted my money on this slop!!

I havnt walked out of a movie theatre wanting my money back in a long time!!

people in the theatre were laughing how bad it was! ughhh

I'll probobly take some heat for this, but here was my opinion. I sat through the whole thing, even after other people went and got refunds. It was bad. I mean REALY bad. The Directing wasn't the issue, the story had potential, but the scriptwriting and the Acting were, ewell... just bad. That, and the guy Villian reminded me of Daltan the Bread-slayer( If you've seen Hawk the Slayer, you get this, if not, count yourself lucky) With some decent actors, and a better script, this could of been great. Even the monster battle scenes were not enough to salvage this.

This looks awesome in the worst way. Did anyone really think this would be good? I mean it looks, to me, like “haha that's the worst, let's check it out for giggles” good not “WHOA how cool, dragons at war, lets go” good. I just can't imagine someone having the mindset walking into this movie of it even having the chance of being legitimately good. I'll see it at the dollar show so I can talk through it with irony and laughs in my pocket.

The funny thing is Dragon movies hit about every three years or so and each one flops generally compared to what it costs to be made. Why Hollywood still tries to pump out Dragon movies.

Back