Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RichardW

Default Code 3 Auctioning off Celebration III Poster #1

I just got the following email from Code 3:
    "We will be auctioning #1 of the Celebration III Exclusive The Empire Strikes Back 3D sculpted poster starting today, Tuesday June 21, 2005. It will be a 7 day auction and is your chance to own the very first piece in a very exclusive release. This poster sold out every day it was available at Celebration III."

I wonder how much this will go for.

elwood49
    I got that same e-mail. I think this is a pretty bad move on the part of Code 3. I've NEVER seen other companies put their stuff on Ebay. Can you imagine Sideshow putting a bunch of AP Balrogs and Cave Trolls for sale on Ebay and advertising it in the newsletter?

So much for the "exclusive auctions for Collector's Guild members" we were promised by purchasing a vehicle from them directly. Why not offer this piece in an exclusive auction for Guild members?

BTW, the auction is already over $200:
    Edit: DAMN!! Make that $390 already. People go so crazy over these low numbers.:rolleyes

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...6540491604

Even funnier is that their Ebay feedback is only 96.3% They seem to have displeased a few of their recent purchasers.

Gazmog
    Even funnier is that their Ebay feedback is only 96.3% They seem to have displeased a few of their recent purchasers.
    I was about to say the same thing. 3 negs, and his rating isn't into 3 figures yet. :rolleyes :\

Viking28
    I've NEVER seen other companies put their stuff on Ebay.
    Actually the only company that I havent seen place anything up on ebay is Sideshow.

But noway would I buy that for that much maybe $50, wow cant believe its going for that much.

Oxbeard
    Yeah MR is notorious for eBay auctions as well.

I was blown away that the bids were that high.

elwood49
    Yeah MR is notorious for eBay auctions as well.
    I didn't realize that. Thanks guys. I'm getting my first MR items in July-- The Spec Ops and Shock Troop Helms. I've never dealt with them before.

Back on topic, are these people aware that this piece sells for $20 retail? It probably cost Code 3 like $3 to make.

JSAuctionService
    Glad I got mine for under $30 shipped when they were offered
    on the site for that short time. No friggin' way I'd spend that
    much for this little thing, cool though it may be.

JS

Viking28
    Yea 3 bucks max for it to be made, their paying for the right to say they have the one that is stamped with a 1 on it.

Gruson
    July Elwood?

Those helms were pushed back to October!

Sucks...

Viking28
    I thought the Spec Ops was August?