Sideshow 1/4 Sopranos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wonderboy43

Would you buy these?

I'd like Tony, Paulie, Christopher, Silvio and of course Uncle Junior with his Mister Magoo glasses and hat

If they could make them come with sound bites like the Scarface figure, that'd be even better! It's not like they're making a bunch of characters from Scarface, are they? So even if they just made an awesome Tony Soprano, that'd be cool.

Or do you think they'd be better 1/6 scale? Or do you think they would not sell?

> Sideshow 1/4 Sopranos

I don't like them enough to buy the 1/4 scale figures but I would likely by some 12" figures; especially if they came with sound chip.

Re: > Sideshow 1/4 Sopranos

1/6 i would definitely buy, 1/4 i wouldn't be interested in

I hate that show. I wouldn't buy action figures of them.

Love the show, but the characters aren't that visually interesting.

Sorry, but I wouldn't be interested in the show enough to tape it.

Well Tony Soprano would break the record for the most padding ever needed for a 12 inch body. It would be funny to see.

--Peter

soprano

I think 1/6th figures of the Soprano's would sell really well,but I personally would rather see HBO's Deadwood and Carnivale figures.

Re: soprano

The Sopranos is one of my favorite shows, and I would buy a 1/4 Tony, Paulie, and Sylvio in a heartbeat. I don't collect action figures, so I wouldn't be interested in the 1/6 figs.

I'd also love 1/4 Seinfeld characters of Jerry, Kramer, George, and Elaine. I'm probably one of the few that would want those, too.

If they can make a 1/4 Napoleon, why not something that would be much more popular, like Seinfeld and The Sopranos?:dunno

If they can make a 1/4 Napoleon, why not something that would be much more popular, like Seinfeld and The Sopranos?

*shivers*
You can not honestly claim that Seinfeld or the Sopranos or any kind of tv character would make up for a more compelling premium format figure than one of the most important figures in the world's history? My God! :puke

The pity-full side to that post is that in some way it's true indeed, even a 1/4 Britney would sell far better than the Napoleon figure seems to do. Which makes me very sad. I've been gathering quite a few quarter scales and none look so good as Napoleon does. What awesome line it would have been...

But to save this post from total 'off-topicity', I doubt the Sopranos would be very good premium formats. They'd score awesome as 1/6 surely and might even deserve that but 1/4? No way. Not before we have some Godfather or Untouchables.

GODFATHER yes. Sonny at the toll booth 1/4 scale? Now that would be something.

You can not honestly claim that Seinfeld or the Sopranos or any kind of tv character would make up for a more compelling premium format figure than one of the most important figures in the world's history? My God!

Yes, and I doubt that I'm alone in that sentiment judging from the sales of the historical figures and the posts in the historical forum.

I collect these items to go in my Home Theater, not to make some sort of historical museum.

I don't think spending $225 on a tyrant from a country that hates Americans more than any other is my cup of tea.

What's next? Pol Pot 1/4? Hitler 1/4? Stalin 1/4? Yeah, those would be great.:sleep C'mon Sideshow, release more despots please!!

Here's to hoping that Sideshow never makes another historical figure again.:toast

The pity-full side to that post is that in some way it's true indeed

Just because I wouldn't buy any historical figures doesn't mean I don't know anything about history, and I find your post highly offensive in that regard. I have TWO degrees, including an extensive undergraduate study in history, but these figures don't interest me in the slightest.

The Sopranos and Seinfeld are two of my favorite TV shows EVER (the other two being The Simpsons and Curb Your Enthusiasm), and those have much more appeal to me than a person whose very existence created so much hate in the world.

I'm still hoping that SS does a Ghangus Khan piece. :rolleyes :lol

Why not Seinfeld or Sopranos...? They have Planet of the Apes, Simpsons, and Buffy....

I'm sure there would be a market for them.

Right elwood let's slow that down a bit...

I didn't make the slightest allusion to your historical knowledge or intellectual background, excuse me if it came across unclear but I feel it's obvious enough that thàt was certainly not my point.
I find it very disappointing to see that mass market opens up and even kneels down for items like the Jason X and Freddy Krueger etc figures (no offense to the fans, not at all) but isn't showing the slightest of interest in historical figures. It wouldn't even bother me what other people prefer but fact that this line that had some much potential has died shortly after birth, and it saddens me.

You're free to think and state whatever you want on Napoleon, I'm not even going to claim that you're wrong, and if that's reason enough for you not to buy a figure of him I fully respect it.
But as far as I'm concerned the second part of that statement was way out of line and the kind of thing we don't want on this board. Let's keep a lid on that.

My post was not in any way meant offensive. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Again How is the 1/4 Napoleon?
Man I hope George Washington gets made or a VIKING!

Back