Comic Con 2008 Registration Open

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Just incase anyone wants to get in now. It says the price is $55 right now and will go up on the 17th of this month.

Comic-Con

Yeah, we did. I went ahead and ordered my regular one now just incase. I'll end up getting a press badge but ya never know what might happen. I'll probably order my plane ticket soon. I just gotta decide if I wanna be out there for Preview night or not.

I'll have a press badge thanks to my friends at Henshin Hobby :rock:rock

It's a great event. Go if ya can. Really one of the coolest things around.

I'll have my press badge as normal through Sandtroopers but we may be doing a booth as well. So I might get an exhibtors badge which would aide in taking pics without all the smelly bodies. Because in all honesty the press badge does nothing really other than get you in for free and not before the regular folks.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and go on preview night. Just once at least. :lol

There are only two things I like about preview night now...

-Getting my badge is a breeze.
-Being able to acquire a few items before the big rush the rest of the weekend.

The crowds on preview night are much bigger then they used to be which I find just a tad annoying.

Am wondering if this is part of a new effort to get as many to register as early as possible to try some crowd/attendance control and close new registrations even sooner than last year? Trying to decide 4 months in advance was hard enough....this is really tough 11 months earlier.

Wouldn't even hesitate if they also included an opportunity for those preregistering this early to book rooms sooner than the later registerers. Wishful thinking I guess.

I wish I could go! Have to pay for a Disney vacation. :monkey2 For once I would really like to fly out there. Who knows.

Now this really ticks me off. This year they scheduled it for the last weekend in July, when I can't go for the full four days because of an annual work conflict. I had my fingers crossed that they would go back to either the weekend before that or the first weekend in August or any other weekend but the last of July--which they have managed to do every year for the past twenty years except 1995 and 2007. Naturally, for 2008 they have scheduled it again for the last weekend in July.

You guys have fun next year!!

:banghead

For me its more cost than anything. I don't mind the crowd really.

For us 'full con' attendees preview night was the best (over 3 years ago). To be able to walk around without the massive crowds was a nice bonus. Now more and more get the full con badge and hence the big crowds at preview night. Those of us who've gone for many years were just spoiled. Tis a pity those days are over. :monkey2

I can understand. I've wanted to go to PV night in the past just never been out there when I bought my full badge or press badge. Next year I'm leaning strongly to going to that.

For us 'full con' attendees preview night was the best (over 3 years ago). To be able to walk around without the massive crowds was a nice bonus. Now more and more get the full con badge and hence the big crowds at preview night. Those of us who've gone for many years were just spoiled. Tis a pity those days are over. :monkey2

Yeah, Preview Night this year was ridiculous... probably as busy and packed as any other time during the Con.

Back