Hot Toys PREDATOR Pics Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought I'd make a thread to compile all the Hot Toys Predators pics since they seem to be scattered all over the place. I'm debating on whether to pic up a Chopper Predator and a P2 Pred or just buy one Ancient Predator. Anyone got any advice or comparison pics between all the released Predators?

Picture1623.jpg

Picture1621.jpg

Hey all,

Thought I'd make a thread to compile all the Hot Toys Predators pics since they seem to be scattered all over the place. I'm debating on whether to pic up a Chopper Predator and a P2 Pred or just buy one Ancient Predator. Anyone got any advice or comparison pics between all the released Predators?
This is how it always starts , with just the one , then you think "Mmm , two would look pretty cool ". Then .......
AvP009.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, and I have to say I'm very happy. The head sculpt seems more proportionate when held next to Scar, the paint apps are far more complex and in hand look pretty amazing (even my wife commented on how detailed it was) The dreads actually work better IMHO without the wires as they hang much better and have some pretty good weight to them. It also means you don't have to battle to turn the head and get the dreads past the shoulder canon like the AvP ones.

I'll shut up now and let the pics do the talking.

01-3.jpg

02-3.jpg

03-3.jpg

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

06-2.jpg

All the joints are fine on mine, I posted a a few pointers on dressing him over in Medi-World, thought they might help some people-

Just thought I'd chuck in a few tips on kitting him up.
I found putting the armour on is far easier if you leave the shins off. He'll slip into the 'pants' easier and it's virtually imposible to get the knee protectors on over them. Get the knee armour in place then slip the shins into the netting and push into place.
When putting the chest armour on don't go by the instructions (unless yours happens to be different to mine) as the badge holding the two sections together at the front was welded together. Just use the two sliding clips on the back. And use plenty of hairdryering or steam to make the armour pliable before you try to get it on. The sliding clips were a little frustrating, but take your time (I even had to use a torch to make sure they were all lined up). Took me about half an hour to get just right.

Wow!That head mold is actually a VAST improvement over the AvP Preds. I think the AvP Predator heads actually aren't slanted properly and over-sized in comparison to the film counterparts. The Predator 2 head mold looks much more faithful to the movie and Predator head design as well.

I agree 100%. The P2 looks miles better proportionally than Scar. Of course, this raises a major dilemma; to display him with, or without(easy with the AVP's-with!). Can't wait 'til Xmas, which is when I can have mine(thanx, Mom-in-law)...PS

Ain't that the truth....

I look forward to putting the AvP ones as the elite and these as the grunt soldiers...

I'm in the middle of reviewing this guy, and I see it as thy're just ethnically different, this guy, like the Predator in the original are Tropical, and dressed for jungle hunting, the AvP's are your Arctic warriors, so basically the skin markings and body colour are camouflage for the part of their homeworld that they're from. I have to say this is not backed up with any 'Predator' history, just me surmising!

I'm in the middle of reviewing this guy, and I see it as thy're just ethnically different, this guy, like the Predator in the original are Tropical, and dressed for jungle hunting, the AvP's are your Arctic warriors, so basically the skin markings and body colour are camouflage for the part of their homeworld that they're from. I have to say this is not backed up with any 'Predator' history, just me surmising!

Maybe surmising, but an interesting thought at that.

I relate the huge amount of armor not only to the cold but to the fact that they are young Predators, so they are less skilled and going up against a ton of Aliens. Not an easy job.

Back