Custom Medicom 1/6 clone Commanders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan1982

Super Freak
Reaction score
I posted these in the customs section. Just thought I would post them over here as well.
Thanks, Ryan.

2003_0101Image0025-2.jpg

2003_0101Image0032.jpg

2003_0101Image0027-1.jpg

2003_0101Image0034.jpg

2003_0101Image0020-3.jpg

2003_0101Image0021.jpg

2003_0101Image0023-3.jpg

2003_0101Image0024-1.jpg

2003_0101Image0013-3.jpg

2003_0101Image0009-3.jpg

Very nice, but I think you need an antenna coming out of cody's left shoulder armor.

Nice work! those particular Troopers are NOT easy to make, so I salute you for having the brass cajones to make them! No freakin way I could do it, unless of course I had months to do it in. :lol

Really great job man...

Thanks for the responses guys.
DA, these have been a couple of months in the making and you are correct, they are not the easiest things to make. The hardest part was probably trying to use all of the different reference pics and paint the figure as accurately as possible. A lot of the reference pics vary in some way or another. They are a lot of fun to make though!

Very nice work indeed. Do you plan on doing any others?

Very nice! Where did you get the heads/helmets? Please tell me you didn't gut the mini busts. :D

Thanks bcm and madcow. I do plan on doing the rest of the commanders and possibly an Utapau trooper if my wallet allows me to :lol. As for the helmets, they are recasts of the GG busts.
Thanks, Ryan

nicely done mate, converting these medicom clones aint easy, just to minor niggles tho,sorry, the Cody head just looks a wee bit too big, and codys shoulder pads should be a bit bigger,the hasbro EP3 clones' pads are ideal in size after a slight reshape,and as for a head,i may be able to help:eek:
Bly is awsome ,and Neyo way cool,i got some good ref material for how the straps attach to the pouches if youd like a hint.

Those are sweet!

I've been thinking of doing one of the camo clones from Ep3 with one of mine. Yours are definitely inspiring.

John

Thanks Kozin! I am glad to bring any inspiration I can :D. And good luck with those "camo clones"... Ive been putting off the Commander Gree for sometime for the fact that camo isnt the easiest thing to do... for me at least.

Hurricane,
I know what you are saying about the Cody shoulder pads... I had the modified EIII Hasbro clone shoulder pads on him to begin with. I just decided to go with these becasue the were a bit more accurate in shape... but not so much the bulk/ size. As far as the Cody helmet... it is a bit big as is the Neyo head. The base of the helmet seems to flare out a little. I had a modified Kotobukiya Cody Magnet that I was using for the helmet but decided to to use the GG head because the recast was cleaner. Below is a pic of the sort of size difference.
...and PLEASE tell what this "reference material" is for how the straps and pouches attach to each other.That is probably the weakest part of the Bly custom. I couldnt get a good ref of how that whole part comes together.
Thanks, any advice you offer is always appreciated:D

2003_0102Image0008.jpg

pkm me and ill dig the ref out, i wasnt refering to the helmets in being to big,they seem fine, it was the human head.....:eek:

Back