Dogget is dandy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Got my exclusive Dogget today. I'm so glad that they've abandoned the roto heads, John is looking good. The pics of the sculpt have always been impressive, but here it translates very well and the paint is excellent. I love the trenchcoat and suit too - a lot of difference for an exclusive version.

But here's a rather strange complaint - I always liked the contrast in tailoring between Mulder's suit and CSM's. I saw it as the government servant off-the-rack vs. the evil villain's Italian tailoring.

But Dogget's suit is tailored just like CSM's and he makes Mulder look like a fashion victim. Didn't know old Johnny boy was so stylish!

It seems to me all the figures are getting more stylish of late and it's definitely not a complaint. I'm very impressed by the quality of the materials and the tailoring on SSC products recently and I suspect that has more to do with the new fashion sensibility of Agent Doggett than anything else.
I'm really looking forward to this figures arrival. I'm not even that big an X-Files fan but this figure looks to be amazingly well executed and I have some slightly different Sci Fi plans for it's constituent parts.

Yes, Cham, I'm off to look for BBi's LA police officer's uniform too. I just wished it was a long sleeve shirt.

I thought Sideshow WAS doing a T2 12" line? A T-1000 figure would be obvious for them to do. They have the rights to Patrick's likeness, so all they really need is the licence for T2 figures (if they don't yet).

I'm off to look for BBi's LA police officer's uniform too. I just wished it was a long sleeve shirt.

bbi made a long sleeve version of this shirt in a carded uniform set.

how about some photos of doggett?:ar

I always thought the carded set was short sleeve too and that's why I never bought it before.

As for T-2 1/6 - it's been rumored, but no confirmation. They do have the Terminator license and it may cover 1/6.

Got the regular Dogget today - he's pretty cool too, although the head looks a tad bigger without the overcoat and suit.

Just got Dogget, and yes he is a dandy. He also suffers from a giant head. And I think the likeness is off, Robert Patrick's face is seams much flatter and thinner then it is here.
Also on mine, his feet are very weak, I have to use the stand to keep him from falling over.
Just if anyone is wondering he comes with the same identical accessories as Mulder and Scully except, I think the gun is different. If my memory isn't false, I remember on the Mulder and Scully guns the slides worked, here it doesn't (mine are currently boxed). He also comes with that weird FBI badge with the giant clip. I also noticed Sideshow forgot to include his FBI wallet badge, again like they did on Mulder and Scully. I guess it'll be the exclusive on the next John Dogget figure if we ever get one. Sigh, quite a disappointment after getting Der Kindestod.

They didn't forget the wallet - it was never supposed to be included. I had problems with the feet at first but I just turned the ankle joints around the right way and he stands fine. I don't know why all the figures come with the ankles turned so the feet move side to side rather than back to front, but it can be frustrating.

Have to disagree about the likeness though - I think he's spot on.

My point was, the FBI wallet should have been included from the start on all the FBI X-File figures.
The feet on my Dogget where turned the right way, so that the ankle pivots up and down (front and back). I had to turn it so that it pivots side to side in order to get him to stand decently. I also think his hands look too big, at least they're in scale with his ginormous head. I'm also starting to not like the paint job on mine, his head seems too glossy to me.

likeness spot on. Head is big, some slop on the ears BUT I like this figure alot and looks awesome with Scully!! She finally has her partner!

"...and looks awesome with Scully!! She finally has her partner!"

Ummm, actually, I believe I will ALWAYS consider Mulder to be her "partner". Yeah, Doggett was with her for a season or so, but he was paired with Reyes almost exclusively in the last season, with Scully being consulted for guidance or for her forensic expertise.

how about some photos from you guys?

i too thought the sculpt looked off from sideshow's photos....too full in the face.......but i'd love to see some actual final product photos.

Ummm, actually, I believe I will ALWAYS consider Mulder to be her "partner". Yeah, Doggett was with her for a season or so, but he was paired with Reyes almost exclusively in the last season, with Scully being consulted for guidance or for her forensic expertise.
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha
YES! I knew that would get some blood going!:banana
Im not a fan of the 1/6 Mulder so having her stand next to someone that doesnt make me cringe is awesome. But to back to the point they do look great together, that is her and Doggett and not my drag queen looking Mulder.

Mine should be arriving today! I am loking forward to it.

Feel free to check out my 12" figure based eZ Board site at:
p066.ezboard.com/bplastichollywood

Darth Kustomizer

I got Dogget in today. I didn't receive a free Simpsons bust or even a catolog :(

BDK

No gift this time but I think I'm happy enough with Dogget that I don't mind. Head is slightly large, and I mean slightly, but an excellent sculpt and paint details. And the trench coat and suit are superb. I love the buttons they have been using recently and the stitching and fabric are light years away from my first SS 12" figure "Karloff as the Frankenstein Monster". Overall an excellent male figure again from Sideshow.

It seems to me that people have no perception as to how large human heads really are. You shouldn't be able to fit three heads on your shoulders, really!

That being said, Dogget's head is a smidge large. It's not a serious problem though, particularly in the overcoat. And thank God for the return to injection molded heads! Woo-hoo!

I'll have a review up either Thursday or Sunday, depending on whether my comic shop has the new Yamato Batman figures in today or not...

Michael
MWC

As an artist, I have a clear understanding of how large human heads really are.
On average, a person measures out to about 7 1/2 head lengths tall. The John Dogget figure in my hands measures out to just shy of 7 head lengths (about a quarter of an inch shy).
and someone at about 6ft. tall (in 1/6 scale=12 inches) would have a head size of about average. It's only people who are short would have larger head to body proportions. The John dogget figure here is slightly over 12" tall even with the big hair.
In my opinion, I would consider that a smidge too large (the head size that is).
I'll also second the woo-hoo for the return of injection molded heads. :rock

If you're saying it would be right if the overall figure was 12.25" instead of 12"...yea, I'd say that's a smidge.

And I don't usually think of heads as being too large top to bottom - I think that the body and head size have to be WAY off to notice that. It's side to side, shoulder to shoulder, that people tend to notice right away, and with his overcoat on, again I'd say he's just a smidge big.

Michael
MWC

Back