Anyone good at repairing 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderpants

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Not entirely sure if this is the right forum, but I have a DX07 Luke where the buttons are coming away from the jacket. Is anyone able to help (ideally in the UK)

B0A4BED8-36FC-4449-8D1F-405903192B6E.jpg

Same, I would help but Im a little ways away. You can reach out to Steven Strange and see if he is closer and could help

I used toupee tape or "beauty tape" found at make-up and cosmetic stores. It's essentially double-sided tape that is really strong and also removable. I used it on my Luke DX07.

Are the buttons actually damaged or is it the thread holding the buttons that has come loose? If it's the thread, a cheap sewing kit with a similar-colored thread will do the job to tighten/secure the buttons. I know those plastic buttons can be flimsy and the "male" tab is known to break off. If a broken button is the case and you want it as close to "stock" as possible, you can find comparable replacement buttons at a craft store or online. As was mentioned above, you can use double-sided tape or even the smallest amount poster tack for a quick, less permanent fix. I remember some people were also removing the stock buttons anyway and replacing them with tiny craft magnets glued in their place, getting rid of the profile created by the bulky buttons and still allowing the jacket to close (with a slightly better look/fit).

Thanks all.

The threads to the buttons are coming loose, as you may be able to see in the picture. Magnets are an interesting idea though..

Back