Facepool FP004B 1/6 Scale US 29th Infantry Technician (Cpl. Upham)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Releasing Q3 2021. Deluxe and Regular Version

Upham 1.jpgUpham 2.jpgUpham 3.jpgUpham 4.jpgUpham 5.jpgUpham 6.jpgUpham 7.jpgUpham 8.jpgUpham 9.jpgUpham 10.jpgUpham 11.jpgUpham 12.jpgUpham 13.jpgUpham 14.jpg

Easily the best likeness on their Saving Private Ryan line so far. Too bad it's on Upham haha. Looks really good.

Wasn't able to get a Miller but definitely would consider getting Upham and Jackson.

Very nice. Three more to go. Let see if DID follows suit.
Did not realize the Special Edition comes with a Mellish sculpt.

Last edited:
That sculpt looks significantly better than their Jackson sculpt.

Crap, they pulled me back in...

And the deluxe brings a Mellish sculpt? Mellish doesn't deserve his own figure? What good does the sculpt do without a fully geared up figure to put him on?

I just don?t know if I will pose him in all his gear from the special edition to match the rest of the squad or with the helmet of grenades and smoking a cigarette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempted to get it. To me, it's by far their best sculpt. The decision now is do I wait for DID? Will they make the rest of the team?
Why is Mellish just a sculpt? Would have to piece together a whole figure. Are Facepool done with the line? Mellish sculpt kinda implies it.

I just don?t know if I will pose him in all his gear from the special edition to match the rest of the squad or with the helmet of grenades and smoking a cigarette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, no gear but the ammo belts hanging across his chest and not wearing the helmet. I think that is the most iconic pose and I'll be doing the same.

Tempted to get it. To me, it's by far their best sculpt. The decision now is do I wait for DID? Will they make the rest of the team?
Why is Mellish just a sculpt? Would have to piece together a whole figure. Are Facepool done with the line? Mellish sculpt kinda implies it.

I thought about waiting to see if DID will also release an Upham but I weakened and pre-ordered the Facepool figure from GiantToy, as I had some reward points available to throw at it. Then I weakened further and ended up pre-ordering the DID "Jackson" figure as well. I did pre-order from GT the FP Jackson but ended up cancelling it, not to long ago, as I preferred the DID head sculpt.

Now I'm hoping that MOAF comes through with my pre-ordered Caparzo, as I don't want to miss out on the complete squad.

I thought about waiting to see if DID will also release an Upham but I weakened and pre-ordered the Facepool figure from GiantToy, as I had some reward points available to throw at it. Then I weakened further and ended up pre-ordering the DID "Jackson" figure as well. I did pre-order from GT the FP Jackson but ended up cancelling it, not to long ago, as I preferred the DID head sculpt.

Now I'm hoping that MOAF comes through with my pre-ordered Caparzo, as I don't want to miss out on the complete squad.

Out.jpg

That looks to be an excellent set, in its own right.

If not mistaken, I think Facepool mentioned that they would be offering a uniform and gear set to help build up Mellish. But if that's the case, why not just release a complete figure? Perhaps they just didn't want to go through the extra costs such as the art box and packaging? They could release a generic "Ranger" set, similar to the Alert Line.

Not the most flattering images. An Upham pic without the helmet would have been good. Want to know if they kept the strands of hair on the forehead and if they did did they come out fine. I think his likeness is hurt by the helmet in that image. Mellish looked okay in the proto and looks okay here. Not great not bad just okay. Ryan actually looks pretty good. The harsh light makes it a little difficult to tell. I would have taken a Wade before a Ryan, since the Ryan that's out is serviceable.

Back