Media Aliens: Fireteam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they're reusing a bunch of assets from Aliens: Colonial Marines for this. Seems uninspired.

Another crap game where we are forced to be the Marines. Just seems like a basic game where you are attacked by swarms and have to hold them off. I agree with the word, "uninspired."

Graphics look nice but aren't aliens meant to be scary and powerful, not just cannon fodder

Eh... To be fair though, there's not much you can do with Alien as far as games go. IPs like Star Wars are huge. Alien not so much, at least when it comes to playability. The Dark Horse stuff were fairly varied, but in a game what can you do? Alien Isolation but you're the Xeno and are taking out an entire colony? Hard to build a campaign around that. So if you're going for a AAA game, then you need to be a human MC and have the xenos as the antagonists, which basically comes down to what they're doing. Maybe they could've done a 2D Metroidvania or something. Or they could've had a balls-to-the-walls idea and had you as a Xeno in some xeno world, or make another AvP game set in Sumeria or something. Point is, it's always going to be some xPS type of game focusing on the Mauhreens because that's the easiest scenario to do.

I agree it's the easiest option which is why it's uninspired. Doing a straight shooter is just so boring

Well anything is an improvement over colonial marines. Though that’s not saying much. :lol

Cameron's dark swarmed corridors from Aliens deserve a good representation in a videogame format. i like what i see in that trailer.
unfortunately it looks like co-op.

Graphics look nice but aren't aliens meant to be scary and powerful, not just cannon fodder
scary yes, powerful no. of course if you mean that aliens must be based on Alien movie. a slow and not very bright creature who would be killed if not for stupidity of the crew and his acid blood, and who was actually dying in the end of the movie according to stupid scott.

This is gonna be fun for a couple of hours with friends but overall pretty crap. Calling it now.

I watched the IGN 25 minutes of gameplay and honestly this looks very promising. Much more polish and variety already compared to that Predator Hunting Grounds game from last year. I guess what will remain to be seen is 1) what will it cost and 2) how different do the dozen levels really feel from one another.

Hey, Hot Toys. Instead of just sitting on the Alien license with your thumb up your a**, make an Aliens Fireteam line so we can finally get our Big Chap 2.0
6E689A4B-31C3-4BBE-A774-C9D3F523CC01.jpeg

Throw in some marines while your at it.

Don't know much about Aliens past the first movie... but aren't they supposed to be cunning and stealthy? Why would they just run at you as you mow them down.

Don't know much about Aliens past the first movie... but aren't they supposed to be cunning and stealthy? Why would they just run at you as you mow them down.

Because it's AlienS and not Alien. As much as I don't like it, AlienS is much more popular and easier to make games of. Alien is pure atmospheric horror and only one game got it right (Alien Isolation) which I though was a better Alien experience than even James Cameron's Aliens.

Because it's AlienS and not Alien. As much as I don't like it, AlienS is much more popular and easier to make games of. Alien is pure atmospheric horror and only one game got it right (Alien Isolation) which I though was a better Alien experience than even James Cameron's Aliens.

I 100% agree with this:goodpost:

Fireteam may not be the ideal Alien experience I?m personally looking for (see AvP2 or Isolation), but I?m still looking forward to getting it. If nothing else, it?s good to be getting some new alien content after such a long drought.

Shame we?ll probably never see another game like Isolation, but who knows?

Why no one has more or less made a Left 4 Dead inspired game with Aliens blows my mind. Seems like the most authentic way to do horror and Aliens (not Alien, mind you).

Back