Worst casting decisions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
What characters were ruined or damaged worst by the choice in casting?

Have at it freaks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow. Theres so many.. Scarlett Jo as Major, Depp as Tonto and Topher Grace as Venom from recent memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great choices. Good game.

January Jones as Emma Frost

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood

Steve Martin as Clouseau

All three girls in the last Charlies Angels movie

That guy who played Lex Luther in the Snyderverse

I am not a huge DCEU watcher, but I will say that one of the most off putting things to me is a solid character like The Flash being ruined by being played by that Ezra Miller guy. Just can?t get there.

George Clooney as Batman
Arnold as Mr. Freeze
Halle Berry as Catwoman
Kevin Sorbo in literally anything
Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V (it's a video game, but still a poor choice).

Great choices. Good game.

January Jones as Emma Frost

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood

Steve Martin as Clouseau

All three girls in the last Charlies Angels movie

That guy who played Lex Luther in the Snyderverse

Good list!

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese
Jessica Alba as Sue Storm
Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
John Boyega as Finn

and im going to call it early

Tom Holland as Nathan Drake

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

This was honestly the first casting choice that came to mind when I saw this thread. But I'm not sure if it was writing and directing or casting alone that was the issue. She just comes across as flat and generally lacking in charisma overall.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. I have never read any of the books but Jack Reacher is supposed to be like 6-5 and 250 pounds of muscle.

Michael P. Jordan as John Clark. John Clark is a character in many Tom Clancy novels and has been portrayed in a number of Tom Clancy movies. From the inception of his character in the book Without Remorse he has been a white guy. Hollywood has finally made a movie about the book and beginning of John Clark so naturally they cast a black actor to play him.

Queen Latifah as the new Equalizer. I laugh to myself when she says "I'm the one you call when you can't call 9/11"! Denzel Washington was great at the role though.

Last edited:
Dane Dehaan in Valerian was a terrible casting decision IMO. The entire movie was a bit of a mess (although the art direction is absolutely stunning). Cara Delevingne probably wasn't much better as both were unconvincing and had zero chemistry, however I think she could have played better off of a Chris Pratt type. The movie has a pretty meandering narrative, which isn't anything new for Besson, but unlike The Fifth Element, Valerian is borderline unwatchable.

People already listed some good bad ones. I'll raise you:

Netflix's The Witcher: Practically the whole cast except for Cavill and Joey Batey (Jaskier/Dandelion). I'm still reeling from what they did to Vilgefortz.
Fantastic Four (2015): Again, just about everybody. Though creative direction undeniably had a huge part in it.

I agree with most of these choices. Brie is just cardboard. Eisenberg way over the top. But the one I am going to throw into the ring is Samuel Jackson as Fury. He has brought nothing interesting to the character, just deliver the lines as Samuel Jackson and yell about stuff. What I would do to see Robert Redford in that role (never happen) and apparently George Clooney was up for it at one point.

Back