Mortal Kombat - April 16th 2021 - HBO Max & Theatres.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score

MMA fighter Cole Young (Lewis Tan) is unaware of his heritage - or why Outworld?s Emperor seeks to hunt him down. Cole finds sanctuary under Lord Raiden (Tadanobu Asano) and prepares to stand with Earth?s greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high-stakes battle for the universe. Will Cole be able to unleash his arcana in time to stop the Outworld once and for all?

Mortal Kombat is in theaters April 16 and streaming exclusively on HBO Max at 12:01 am PT/3:01 am ET. Available on HBO Max in the US only at no extra cost to subscribers for 31 days from its theatrical release.

It looks better than MK: Annihilation, but I'm not sure this looks better than the 1995 film. The special effects and R rating are improvements, but I'm not sold on the new cast. Raiden looks kind of wack. Subzero and Scorpion kind of look like cosplayers. :lol

Man, that looks cheesy.

I was intrigued by the posters they showed yesterday but I dunno now.

It looks better than MK: Annihilation, but I'm not sure this looks better than the 1995 film. The special effects and R rating are improvements, but I'm not sold on the new cast. Raiden looks kind of wack. Subzero and Scorpion kind of look like cosplayers. :lol

That film was so much fun, I haven't seen it in years. :lol

This I'm not so sure about, yet. No, I'm not expecting fine cinema.

It’s like that new mighty morphin power ranger movie. Trying to be serious and ****.

Stupid.

This looks like hot garbage. The costumes give off a “fan made” film vibe. The “get over here” delivery was also pretty weak compared to Ed Boons voice.

I'm excited for Friday, everything I've seen looks good, especially for the $50mil budget. I enjoy the lore of MK so as long as there are some cool lore things and great action I'm satisfied.

I'm excited for Friday, everything I've seen looks good, especially for the $50mil budget. I enjoy the lore of MK so as long as there are some cool lore things and great action I'm satisfied.

Not bad. With that budget, keep it grounded and do a good story. The fighting will mean a lot more then.

Seen it today.
I remember playing the game as a kid and that's as far as I know.
I thoroughly enjoyed it for an action movie.
I had no expectations going in and was pleasantly surprised.
There is some cheese 1 liners and some fair amount of swearing (typical Aussies hehehe),but are overlooked with the fight scenes.
The opening scenes get you hyped!
I wish they had taken more time to flesh out characters storylines but I assume there will be a sequel.
Id give it a 7/10 honestly.

Oh man, this was bad.

But it was in that sweet spot where it's so bad it's still somewhat enjoyable for a laugh and not just outright unwatchable.

Back