Deagostini Star Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
So these images have just popped up, there isn't much information yet. But it looks like Deagostini/Altaya might finally be releasing a large scale Star destroyer! For now it seems to be a limited test release in Europe. I can't find anything in the UK but I'll grab one as soon as I can....

fvnB0Fh.png

XpJGXLI.png

L0J5jDB.png

Well, the size should be 1:1750, as Revell one with length 40cm is 1:4000 (1600m : 4000 = 40cm), this one should be 91,5cm long, so 160000cm: 91,5cm is about 1750. Looks nice, but will it be worth 1000 EUR? (that is usually the final price of all the pieces till item is finished - R2D2, X-Wing, Falcon)

100% worth the price, I purchased and Built the Falcom a few years back, one of the best experiences I've had, especially with all the mods I've done.
I'll get this day 1 if its released.

Not yet that I can see. Those blurry pics are all we have. Hopefully some official info will be released shortly.

Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea it was being made.

Well, the size should be 1:1750, as Revell one with length 40cm is 1:4000 (1600m : 4000 = 40cm), this one should be 91,5cm long, so 160000cm: 91,5cm is about 1750. Looks nice, but will it be worth 1000 EUR? (that is usually the final price of all the pieces till item is finished - R2D2, X-Wing, Falcon)

Thanks for doing the math. So it is approximately 36 inches in length. I would imagine that it would include a stand of some kind, as the Falcon had a wall brace similar to a flat panel TV. I would prefer a floor stand for the SD. Something like an adjustable tri-pod.

100% worth the price, I purchased and Built the Falcom a few years back, one of the best experiences I've had, especially with all the mods I've done.
I'll get this day 1 if its released.

I've got the Falcon as well, along with every after-market accessory that has been released. I haven't jumped into the build, yet, as I've got other projects in the queue ahead of it.

here in France you can already find the number one but it seems that it’s for the moment a test and depending on the welcoming, it could be the last issue...
:dunno

I'm not very familiar with these at all; do these ever get US releases or just have to import?

I'm not very familiar with these at all; do these ever get US releases or just have to import?

A lot of these companies are based in Europe and really only service that market, despite big demand in regions like US, Asia, Australia ETC, they could be doing so much better if they set up distribution centres all over the world.

They were also looking to do an AT-AT, don't know what happened with that one

Yeah, I'd be tempted by the AT-AT also. But the Star Destroyer has long been my favorite Star Wars ship, so I'd have to go in for that one. Their X wing looks slightly off to my eye, but the Falcon was awesome!

I wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot poll. I have the falcon, I did the ONE YEAR subscription and it only took Model Space a little over THREE YEARS to send me all the parts.

great model, absolutely a **** company to deal with. I don’t care if they made it in gold I would t touch it.

Attachments

• 7ED5D14A-43F5-45C4-AA65-88FF9FE3E1A0.jpeg
    7ED5D14A-43F5-45C4-AA65-88FF9FE3E1A0.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 62
I wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot poll. I have the falcon, I did the ONE YEAR subscription and it only took Model Space a little over THREE YEARS to send me all the parts.

great model, absolutely a **** company to deal with. I don’t care if they made it in gold I would t touch it.
She's beautiful, nice collection space too

Do you mean deagostini or model space are a ******?

She's beautiful, nice collection space too

Do you mean deagostini or model space are a ******?
I think Model Space is the American side of Deagustini and that’s who I had to deal with, constantly.
The thing that really pissed me off during that time was that Deag started selling the Falcon as a whole kit and there were people posting that they received all their parts at one time but magically myself, and pretty much everyone else that was on a subscription (in our Facebook group) kept getting screwed.

I built the Zevesda Destroyer, good enough for me. Lol

Back