1/3 Ellen Ripley

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaklynfiorhollyw

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is simply a discussion to get maybe some momentum on the subject started. How many people would be interested in a 1/3 Ripley? Aside from the obvious seller ALIENS Ripley version, I think I would fall out if we had a 79 Ripley or a 92 Ripley. The 79 would be hard to capture her character simply because she was so distraught. ALIENS is the obvious holding a gun, but ALIEN 3 I think her with the pole in the "basement" scene would be magnificent.
And who would he the choice to helm this? P1/Blitzway? I think a Ripley would sell out fast if they were able to capture the character. IMG_20210205_193446.jpg

I would love to see a 1/3 or 1/4 Ripley statue. My all-time favorite character and, IMO, the reason the original Alien films work so well. It's a shame recent filmmakers have forgotten this and focus so much of their energy on the creatures or the gore factor instead of their protagonists.

I would love to see a 1/3 or 1/4 Ripley statue. My all-time favorite character and, IMO, the reason the original Alien films work so well. It's a shame recent filmmakers have forgotten this and focus so much of their energy on the creatures or the gore factor instead of their protagonists.
Well said

I would love to see a 1/3 or 1/4 Ripley statue.
i would love to see it too. in a trash can. maybe one day "statues" will be statues, but for now they are cheeply painted, poorly sculpted pieces of crap.

i would love to see it too. in a trash can. maybe one day "statues" will be statues, but for now they are cheeply painted, poorly sculpted pieces of crap.

So what time period were these "statues" that didn't have cheap paint and didn't belong in the trash can? Are we talking 2005 sideshow? Or are we talking real statues from like 300 years ago? Because when I look at the sideshow dog Alien next to the Prime1 dog, one looks to be missing quite a bit of detail, from sculpt to paint app.

Ripley from Alien 1 or Aliens here please...
Infinity studios or blitzway;)
A 1/3 ripley in scale with the bigchap alien from prime 1...adream come true...I would sell my other alien statues for this!!!

Have you not seen what Prime 1 and Infinity Studio have been doing? God's work, that's what. :lol

The SS dog alien was cast from the prop - but there wasn't any refining to the sculpt - unlike the CP one which had the extra details added.
With the exception of the teeth the SS dog alien is amazing.
I own both like both equally.

I'm not sure where Sigourney Weaver is at with allowing her likeness to be used since she hated the toys of Ripley she saw. Sculpting has come a long way so I do hope she would allow a statue to be made and I do hope someone releases her as she's as critical as the creature itself to me.

I'm not sure where Sigourney Weaver is at with allowing her likeness to be used since she hated the toys of Ripley she saw. Sculpting has come a long way so I do hope she would allow a statue to be made and I do hope someone releases her as she's as critical as the creature itself to me.

She did?

The NECA sculpts were generally not good, but from our POV were better than nothing. Hot Toys didn't blow me away either.

The SS dog alien was cast from the prop - but there wasn't any refining to the sculpt - unlike the CP one which had the extra details added.
With the exception of the teeth the SS dog alien is amazing.
I own both like both equally.

So the original cp prop of the new dog was very minimal. Prime1 actually did a full resculpt. The reason that they lost their collaboration was because cp wanted to go cheaper with the production from paint and 3d printer quality. The artist who resculpted isn't even allowed to show his re sculpt work because cp wouldn't allow it.
That is why I never mention cp being involved with the prime1 dog simply because they didn't do any work on it at all, other than providing a very smoothed out cast of the rod puppet version.

Oh, and OP change the title to this thread please, I came in here thinking it was a product announcement.

Good, because getting people interested is the goal of the post. If people are talking about it then there is a possibility to get it made. So I'm glad.

Good, because getting people interested is the goal of the post. If people are talking about it then there is a possibility to get it made. So I'm glad.

No, that is clickbait and deceptive. You should put in "hoping for" or something like that, it's a disappointment coming in thinking one is actually in the works when it isn't.

Nah I'm trying to get people excited about a possibility. Now you know, either join the discussion or move on.

Back