Ordering HT figures through Aliexpress?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakazoid!

Super Freak
Reaction score
Generally there are a lot of bootlegs sold through Aliexpress (China's Amazon clone), but there are also a couple Hot Toys figures offered there. Prices are generally in the area of what they usually go for and the feedback on some of the sellers is pretty good. Has anyone taken the risk and ordered HT through that site?

What is the point? If the price is similar, I would better buy from my local eshop. There is still danger that you will receive some bootleg, fake item (even though customer protection of the shop improved in last years from what I heard). But try discussing the problem with Chinese seller.

You may be in luck to actually get some original from there, but would not count on it. I would rather go through ebay (their customer protection is stronger) and pay through Paypal. Many Chinese companies sell through ebay.

If there are some pieces that are not available anywhere else, I would be extra cautious. And hey, this is Hot Toys, if you wait long enough, they will make another piece of the same character, even better. It is not some limited statue.

What is the point? If the price is similar, I would better buy from my local eshop. There is still danger that you will receive some bootleg, fake item (even though customer protection of the shop improved in last years from what I heard). But try discussing the problem with Chinese seller.

You may be in luck to actually get some original from there, but would not count on it. I would rather go through ebay (their customer protection is stronger) and pay through Paypal. Many Chinese companies sell through ebay.

If there are some pieces that are not available anywhere else, I would be extra cautious. And hey, this is Hot Toys, if you wait long enough, they will make another piece of the same character, even better. It is not some limited statue.

I was too late pre-ordering the HT Qui-Gon and can't find him in the EU/UK, let alone for €300 or less.

I was too late pre-ordering the HT Qui-Gon and can't find him in the EU/UK, let alone for ?300 or less.
Its still available both on zavvi and twillightzone. For 305? and 320?. A bit over 300? but still better than ordering on Aliexpress. There are also one or two on eBay around 300?

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

I would take the one from Zavvi. Yes, it is British company, but they have warehouses in Germany, so you will save money on VAT/customs fees and postage is 6.99 or 10 GBP (less than when ordering from US). I ordered through zavvi many times (Czech Republic is not that far from Austria) and mostly without any problems. It is reliable European shop, similar to Amazon (not marketplace, but core eshop).

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-action-figures/hot-toys-star-wars-episode-i-movie-masterpiece-action-figure-1-6-qui-gon-jinn-32cm/12378438.html

Ah okay, I haven't ordered anything from them this year, so I assumed I'd automatically have to import taxes into the EU because of Brexit.
Cheers.

Ah okay, I haven't ordered anything from them this year, so I assumed I'd automatically have to import taxes into the EU because of Brexit.
Cheers.

I did not either, but last 5 orders I made from them last year came from warehouse in Germany, so I suppose they moved some of their goods there not to lose customers.

Back