HBO Max doing a MonsterVerse (Godzilla / Kong) Monarch series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Cool news. HBO Max is going to be doing a new series based on the secret Monarch organization from the Godzilla and Kong films.

I bet there will Probably not be a lot of Toho monsters in this series. Probably newly non Toho licensed ones. But as long as Godzilla makes an appearance here and there to duke it out with them than I am 100% on board.

https://fandomwire.com/monarch-series-in-development-at-hbo-max-exclusive/

Last edited:
10% monster 90% human drama, ain?t gonna cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10% monster 90% human drama, ain?t gonna cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

I am not sure how well a show like this can do. I mean if its a monster of the week with very little character development than I dont think it will last.

Of course if there is too much focus on Human drama it wont last either.. Its gonna have to find the right balance.. It has not really been done yet in the MonsterVerse.

If they can follow the method or model that the best Ultraman series have displayed over the last 50 plus years, then this thing could be really interesting. I could honestly see this as a hybrid of Ultraman (even Ultra-Q) and The X-Files with Godzilla coming in every so often to kick a$$. But you gotta have Godzilla show up every few episodes to keep it interesting.

I guess we all can get the answer to the one question that lies in our minds.

Can King Caesar carry the first season? :rotfl

kingcaesar_top_1.jpg

Back