Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: Hot Toys - TMS032 - The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Pre-ordered day one. Sorry to the haters but i grew up playing the original DOS Dark Forces which had the ORIGINAL Dark Troopers in that game. When these appeared on the show i nearly bust a nut. Great design and very intimidating. The fight between Din and the single Dark Trooper was not spoken of much and is very well done. This will be a tall and intimidating figure in my collection that will command attention.......PLUS my four year old son who is obsessed with the Mandalorian marches around the house humming the Dark Trooper theme song all day long. I don't think he would forgive me unless i pre-ordered this.....I already promised him that if Dark Trooper 6" black series come out any time soon i will get him two! =)

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_NachoMan View Post
    The fight between Din and the single Dark Trooper was not spoken of much and is very well done.
    BEST hand-to-hand fight in all of Star Wars... of which there are not too many hand-to-hand fights.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Here on the Perimeter
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    THANK YOU pjam for the heads-up. I just popped over to BBTS and to my shock, they must've added more. Secured a PO.
    Really appreciate that, bud!
    My pleasure. Hoping to see a Hot Toys Hoth Luke jb snow shot one of these days.

Here on the Perimeter
    Feedback

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Interesting about the eyes. If they come out looking like this for the final product when the lights aren?t turned on I?ll be pretty happy. Paint does look a bit rough here tho

It looks cheap to me... Glad I did not preorder. I'll wait until the first bach releases to make up my mind on these.

Quote Originally Posted by pjam View Post
    Btw. Pre sold out AGAIN at BBTS
    Glad I got one in!

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    The dark grey looks terrible. Hopefully they go black with final. And the eyes won't look like that when turned off. The 4 lights on his chest are black, so the eyes must have some red cardboard lens placed their for display only.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of changes on this for production. Looking forward to the improvements.

I am afraid this figure will look like a black shadow on display if those eyes don't have some red tint when not turned on.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Quote Originally Posted by subzro View Post
    Man this thing looks rough on display at Secret Base. Looks so damn cheap. It really reminds me of those Gundam Gunpla model kits that you snip and snap together yourselves.

There's no special paint job happening here. Just plastic with your very basic 1 plain color painted on. No weathering, nada. Not really Hot Toys fault in that regards since that's how they look but it just doesn't look that great as a figure that they're charging $250+ for.

Gonna wait until this releases before ordering. Hopefully it looks better in-person or on the production piece.