• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Who do we contact about scammers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried contacting admins about scammers, but they did nothing. Let me know if you have any luck, it is the wild, wild, west on these boards.

I was contacted by this loser (posted this on 12/25/21 and reported but nothing was done as usual):

I was contacted by "salemvktechlnc" and he is a scammer. Guys beware. Here is a thread talking about him. I've included his phone # he is using too.

251-824-0477

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...(s)?p=14360742

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1680287

I've reported him so we will see if the admins do anything.

Last edited:
I've had two reach out to me within a day. I think it's a problem that definitely needs to be addressed.

Read my links.

I put up a WTB and he replied he had 1 or 2 items. He offered $400 for a $800 statue. Then said he only did F&F. Continued to Hound me via text until I blocked him.

I posted that I was looking for HT ROTJ Luke and 4 separate new accounts messaged me within the first day that they had it and gave me all their contact info.

Just curious, how are these people trying to scam you guys?

Both of the people I mentioned are newer accounts (Dec 2020) and reached out saying they had a HT Punisher. Both offered it considerably less than market value, $210 and $300. Both only wanted to communicate through text or email and both sent pictures of a Mezco Netflix Punisher claiming it was Hot Toys. Neither would provide a time stamp.

I googled the Jake Russ guy and apparently he tried scamming people on a BMW forum. Not sure how you go from car parts to toys, but they look for anything I guess.

Both of the people I mentioned are newer accounts (Dec 2020) and reached out saying they had a HT Punisher. Both offered it considerably less than market value, $210 and $300. Both only wanted to communicate through text or email and both sent pictures of a Mezco Netflix Punisher claiming it was Hot Toys. Neither would provide a time stamp.

I googled the Jake Russ guy and apparently he tried scamming people on a BMW forum. Not sure how you go from car parts to toys, but they look for anything I guess.

Interesting. I’ve been actively on here for 13 years and never ran into that before. I hope nobody falls for it. A good rule for buying on here is to only buy from premium members and/or ones who have been active for quite a while on the forum. I’ve only ever had problems with one person here out of all my transactions.

Your links are broken.

Here you go. He sells on car forums too. Looks like he was banned and created new profiles.

Profile information:

Banned

Remove from Ignore List Remove from Ignore List
Find latest posts Find latest posts
Find latest started threads Find latest started threads
View Articles
View Blog Entries
View Conversations View Conversations
Join Date09-25-2020
Last Activity12-25-2020 04:12 PM
Blog Entries0

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/914946-Scammer(s)?p=14360742

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1680287

No real place to get anything done about it.Negative and Neutral Feedback Thread Read Before Buying is the only place I have posted about Scammers.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105821

jake7 Tried to Scam me in the Wanted To Buy Thread.I posted about that.And just Today danielbrittian251 tried to contact me.These Guys joined within the last Month or so have no Posts and no Rep.
There are more listed in the thread link I posted here.And you can add to it with a Post.

That guy salemvktechlnc contacted me as well about a figure i was looking for. I had 3 messages from him before I could respond, he included a number to text as well. It just seemed super sketchy and too good to be true I just ignored him- reading this thread I’m glad I did.

Ahah yes. Same here. Several guys freshly registered sending messages to try and sell to me, things that I am looking for. The same names listed here above in that thread and a few more...

Thanks for the warning about Omid Zargandeh. Was just about to buy something from them as well. No deal now.

Pls who did i scam here,pls i am not a scam because i don't collect money from anybody,because am very surprise of this,don't ever call me scammer again i am leaving this forum now by to your forum **** you all that cal me scammer[emoji867][emoji867][emoji867][emoji867]

I’m going to explain this in an open forum because I don’t want anyone getting taken advantage of by you. I posted an ad in the wanted section for a set of general grevious arms. Omir Zargandeh sent me a PM on this forum Stating that he had a complete figure for sale. He initially requested that I pay him through zelle. I told him I only use PayPal friends and family. On Thursday 01/07/21 I sent him a payment through PayPal with fees. I got a little concerned when the PayPal address was not registered to his name. But a woman’s name. But maybe I’m being paranoid so I go through with the transaction. He contacted me and let me know he received my money and would ship the figure out through ups. On 01/08/20 the next day and contacted him inquiring about the shipped figure. He stated that he could not ship it because ups was closed, and he would ship it Monday 01/11/21. I told him I want comfortable with that and to ship the item with USPS. On 01/09/21 I reached out to him through emails and didn’t hear back until late in the evening explaining that USPS would not ship the figure!? I immediately request a refund and tell Omid that I’m no longer interested. After stalling for two days He explains that he payed to have the item shipped next day through FedEx! Lil info I have a FedEx account and any package that is registered to come to my address gives me a updated notification. Strange that I never received a notification. I contacted PayPal and advised them of my concerns. So they held the money until shipping information could be added. This guy writes me in a frenzy asking why I blocked the funds! I explained my concerns to him about his dishonesty and requested that’s he provide me or PayPal with the tracking number. To ease the tension I even offered to compensate him for the fake next day shipping since it was not something we agreed upon. Still He would not provide me with a tracking number and sent me a nasty email stating that he’d sold the figure (that was supposed to be in route to my address) to someone else!? So as it stands right now I have money in limbo with PayPal because this person was dishonest. I have emails of all out conversation don’t make me put you on blast any further. STAY AWAY FROM OMIDZARGANDEH of use extreme caution

Last edited:
Back