Statue XM Studios - Godzilla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xb24

Super Freak
Reaction score
XM Studios is super excited to announce that we have acquired the license to produce Godzilla!
It will be available to collectors and fans Worldwide (excluding Japan)
Godzilla fans! What are you most excited to see?

133888053_2792609557626392_7402786715647580089_o.jpg

Monsterverse please. Nuclear powered up G, Burning G and King Ghidorah are a must.

Something classic, nothing that's been created in the last 35 years including the current pinhead Godzilla.

Something classic, nothing that's been created in the last 35 years including the current pinhead Godzilla.

I never got around why some people these days still dig those awkward looking whacky proportioned suitzillas, especially compared to the far more life like, realistic modern takes. Maybe they looked cool at the time but seriously now they just look too cartoonish and outdated for my taste.

I never got around why some people these days still dig those awkward looking whacky proportioned suitzillas, especially compared to the far more life like, realistic modern takes. Maybe they looked cool at the time but seriously now they just look too cartoonish and outdated for my taste.

It's what Godzilla looked like for the longest time. Some believe the modern iterations are too far removed from the original character's DNA, especially if they grew up with the older films. The cheesy man-in-a-suit aesthetic is also key for that particular genre of Japanese film.

I suppose you could liken it to people who prefer the effects of the original Star Wars films before they were doctored up by Lucas.

Shin, please.

Monsterverse please. Nuclear powered up G, Burning G and King Ghidorah are a must.

Every possibility under the sun. :lol I'll cast my vote for a classic design as most Godzilla releases these days are either Heisei, Shin, or Legendary.

Would love to see a '68.

456963359_orig.jpg

How old are you? If you didn't grow up with these, then you don't understand. I was born in 63. I was about 4 when I saw King Kong vs Godzilla. I was an impressionable kid who already loved dinosaurs. These were giant dinosaurs and I was hooked. Never missed a kaiju movie at the theater. Went multiple times. Those movies are pure nostalgia. Sure they are campy by today's standards , but there was nothing else like them at the time.

XM Studios News

- Video Interview with XM Studios Godzilla Series Artist Tanaka Kenichi -

"Meet the special artist behind XM's first Godzilla series, Tanaka Kenichi (田中健一)! An acclaimed illustrator and sculptor who is the 2D and 3D artist for this series, he shares his thoughts behind the creative process and has a special message to all Godzilla fans out there."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Back