Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's assume for the sake of argument that ZSJL is basically well received by the GA (honestly, even if it just sends the Snyderverse loyal fandom over the moon), gets lots of views on HBO Max, generates lots of social media discussion, and appears to drive up subscriptions. Critics have been pretty unkind to Snyder but in the era of streaming nobody is paying much attention to RT anymore.

Anyway, if ZSJL accomplishes what I've outlined above we'll probably see a season 2.

I understand the cynicism about HT going all-in on making figures for a DC franchise. But the Snyderverse figures have all sold well, and even collectors that aren't into the films generally acknowledge that the actors and costumes look great. ZSJL figures will sell.

With all that being said... and I have no illusion about getting all of these, but I can still wish for things...

I'm hoping for

Cyborg
black suit Superman
new Knightmare Batman
Knightmare Deathstroke,
Knightmare Joker
Knightmare Mera
Steppenwolf
Uxas.

And obviously these are enormous longshots, but from the history lesson:

Hippolyta
Zeus
Ares
maybe even an alien Lantern.

Even though we'll only get a brief glimpse of him, Martian Manhunter.

And if two Lanterns do in fact visit Bruce in an end credits scene then of course I'd love to have them as well. I doubt it'll be Hal and John. But even if it's two aliens that'd still be awesome.

Any other figures you can envision? Which ones are you most hoping to add to your collection?

Cyborg, back suit Superman, a new knightmare Batman, steppenwolf, and darkseid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyborg
Black Suit Superman
Uxas/Darkseid
Martian Manhunter

If the (rumored) character shows up:
Green Lantern
Supergirl

Don’t know anything about the Knightmare versions, so those would be wait and see.

Wasn’t Flash originally supposed to get a new WayneTech super suit at the end of the movie?

Right now, just a re-issue or 2.0 of Knightmare Batman.

Anything else I'd need to see first, though Knightmare Joker and Deathstroke do have my curiosity piqued.

The one I legitimately want is a proper Deathstroke. I've said it before, but I dislike the Arkham version. A hardened assassin going around dressed in bulky blue and orange just doesn't fit. For that matter I never quite got into his classic design either, boots and all. The JL version was inspired either from the Tony S. Daniel book, or Priest's run (go read it now). All black with some orange just fits more, and I don't care if it's "tacticool".

deathstroke-1-cover.jpg

So, I'm in for Deathstroke. I'm interested in seeing how the other Knightmare folks look, like Joker. A Knightmare Batman re-release would be tempting. I can't think of much else.

I don't see any way the movie will be well received by critics or the general audience. Snyder films have always been divisive especially his DC ones. I expect to enjoy it and a lot of Snyder fans will love it but hard to see the pattern of the previous movies being broken.

Enjoying it is enough for me, really don't care if others want to hate on it.

I hope we get a reissue of the Knight are Batman, black suit Superman, Cyborg and Darkseid.

I fear we'll only get the first two and even then Superman will just be a repaint with the same reused head.

I don't see any way the movie will be well received by critics or the general audience. Snyder films have always been divisive especially his DC ones. I expect to enjoy it and a lot of Snyder fans will love it but hard to see the pattern of the previous movies being broken.

I hope we get a reissue of the Knight are Batman, black suit Superman, Cyborg and Darkseid.

I fear we'll only get the first two and even then Superman will just be a repaint with the same reused head.

Yeah, if I had to place a bet it would be that movie critics will still continue their hate.

But on the other hand, I think the mainstream pop infotainment industry might celebrate the fact that a fan movement got this film made. Like that's actually an interesting story and one that slots into cultural narratives about the good things in our society, i.e., people can come together about something they care about and make a difference. It may seem silly for it to be about a movie, but this is the first time in the history of the industry that a film studio did a 180 degree about-face on the production of a major film. To choose to listen to the fandom and correct what they did with Josstice League, etc. (Which it sounds like they are continuing to do internally/politically/business-culturally with what Ray Fisher initiated as well.)

Shutting down of movie theaters due to the pandemic and streaming taking the place of the movie theater experience for the time being is making the movie critic far less relevant. But it will be interesting to see how many critics that panned BvS in 2016 come around. The restoration of BvS that's underway now... if it includes some never before seen additional scenes from the four hour assembly cut (especially if that includes a scene that we know was shot of Clark reading his laptop in his apt., and that is of him researching Bruce Wayne and seeing an article about the murders of Thomas and MARTHA (!) Wayne)... might serve to allow some of them to accept the film now that it's more obvious that it is a deconstruction. With the success of Amazon's The Boys, Joker, HBO's Watchmen series, etc., BvS paved the way for a trend in well received deconstructionism. They might concede that it didn't fully register that it was a deconstruction. I.e., they were expecting something traditional, and were too much in shock at not getting it that they couldn't really embrace what was actually done with a high degree of artistry in the deconstruction vein. Etc. But anyway, I'm actually curious to see of some critics change their tune in light of how things have gone over the last four years as the genre has continued to evolve.

Cyborg
Black Suit Superman
Uxas/Darkseid
Martian Manhunter

If the (rumored) character shows up:
Green Lantern
Supergirl

Don?t know anything about the Knightmare versions, so those would be wait and see.

Wasn?t Flash originally supposed to get a new WayneTech super suit at the end of the movie?

Maybe Sophia Butella as Grail? (I'm hoping for that, myself.)

IIRC both Flash and Cyborg get upgraded armor in the concept art for the Knightmare future that season 2 would showcase.

I think the Snyder geeks are the only ones that care. The majority don't care about this Snyder nonsense.

Tactical suit batman with better articulation/proportions. The current one looks like the michelin man :rotfl

I feel this thread is setting itself up for disappointment. I could see a black suit Superman repaint. Maybe they finally release Cyborg.

My wish list includes Zack Snyder no longer having any involvement in any DC project! :lol

Back