Berserker price gone Berserk?!?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listed mine recently for around $100 and it didn't sell. I relisted it at $85 or $90 (can't remember) and somebody picked it up.

Not sure what happened with that auction...

Yeah, that's what it is alright. I reckon 1 in 10 ebay auctions have some form of shill bidding going on. happens all the time, I just want to know why they went that high? anyone who was genuine, would have, should have pulled out way before that..

I'll sell you mine for the same price this auction went for. If your interested send me a PM. :cool:

J/K. I don't even own this statue anymore. I miss it myself...but, this auction is a classic example of shillbidding.

This is a awesome statue. The ebay auction is probably fake, but thats what it should be selling for.

I find it kind of amazing how quickly everyone is jumping to the "fake" and "shill" conclusion. Looking at the feedback from both the buyer and seller, I don't see any evidence of either. The seller has a 100% positive feedback of 350 spanning more than five years. If they are using shill bidding, then they have gone to a LOT of trouble to build up a legitimate reputation, and that seems pretty unlikely. And the buyer has purchased numerous other SSW pieces from sellers all over the world, so the chance of this being a "fake" auction seem equally unlikely, again unless they are willing to invest a significant amount of money to mask their shill bids.

What seems most likely is that two eBay novices got into a bidding war without bothering to research the real current value of the Berserker on the secondary market. I've seen that happen hundreds of times before.

What seems most likely is that two eBay novices got into a bidding war without bothering to research the real current value of the Berserker on the secondary market. I've seen that happen hundreds of times before.

Thats exactly what I think too... Like when I went on ebay (for the first time) and entered a bidding war with a guy for a reg. SSC Luke. I won him for $180.

Best lesson in bidding/selling I have ever had. :monkey2

I find it kind of amazing how quickly everyone is jumping to the "fake" and "shill" conclusion. Looking at the feedback from both the buyer and seller, I don't see any evidence of either. The seller has a 100% positive feedback of 350 spanning more than five years. If they are using shill bidding, then they have gone to a LOT of trouble to build up a legitimate reputation, and that seems pretty unlikely. And the buyer has purchased numerous other SSW pieces from sellers all over the world, so the chance of this being a "fake" auction seem equally unlikely, again unless they are willing to invest a significant amount of money to mask their shill bids.

that's probably it, but it'd be easier to tell if shill bidding had went on if we could still see the names/feedback of all the bidders. hate how all u can see anymore is "Bidder".

that's probably it, but it'd be easier to tell if shill bidding had went on if we could still see the names/feedback of all the bidders. hate how all u can see anymore is "Bidder".

You don't need to see all of the bidders' names. You CAN see their feedback range and the age of their account, and that is all that is needed in this case.

The truth is, there is a lot less shill bidding going on on eBay than most people realize, or want to admit. It's just so much easier to jump on the "scammer" bandwagon.

Berserker is a beautiful LOTR statue, and really should be selling at that rate.
It has surprised me for years that it never jumped in value like Newborn Lurtz,
or Ugluk, or the Uruk Hai Scout. Or even the Snot Rocket (newborn) Uruk Hai.

JS :)

I guess it only takes two people who really want something at the same time when only one is up for auction for this to happen.

Exactly. Remember what happened with Sam and Bill a while back? Now it routinely goes for $900 or so. All because of one bidding war.

Berserker is a beautiful LOTR statue, and really should be selling at that rate.
It has surprised me for years that it never jumped in value like Newborn Lurtz,
or Ugluk, or the Uruk Hai Scout. Or even the Snot Rocket (newborn) Uruk Hai.

JS :)

Arguably the most detailed sculpt in the line, really. :rock

Back