Cheap button cell replacement solution for Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogertn

Freakzoid
Reaction score
My kid's toy uses 3 AG9/LR936 Button Cell Batteries and I am tired of having to replace them when they are out.

01.JPG

I am trying instead to make a cheap homemade solution using some brass (maybe other material - open to suggestions) and wires plugged to a 5V power supply. Each button cell is 1.5V and 3 would give 4.5 V

This is what I've seen a person use (sorry about the bad image quality as I had to zoom it to make it more clear)

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

It seems he uses some type of plastic rod and then on top of each positive and negative side a round brass cut out of a thin brass sheet with the wires soldered to them.
The wires are very thin (about 1 mm)

I am also concerned about the material used between the 2 brass circles and I'd like to use something that would be harder to burn - plastic seems better than wood in this case.
Aluminum rod could be too much for this - more expensive and harder to cut to size.

This is another one I've seen around - some type of metal along the black piece that has the positive/negative wires soldered to it.
05.JPG

I tried finding these items on Amazon but could not.

I was hoping I could get some orientation and links to such materials. It's going to be my first try.
I am familiar with dummy AA, AAA batteries but this is to replace 3 button cells instead.

Thanks in advance!

Back