Statue Star Ace / X-Plus: The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad - Cyclops (Harryhausen)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
cyclops_DX7-800x800.jpg

cyclops_DX5-800x800.jpg

cyclops_DX1-800x800.jpg

Cyclops_DX2-800x800.jpg

Features-800x800.jpg

Deluxe%20Montage-800x800.jpg

Featured%20(Pre-order)-800x800.jpg

cyclops_NX9-800x800.jpg

cyclops_NX8-800x800.jpg

cyclops_NX7-800x800.jpg

Star Ace said:
SPECIFICATION

PRODUCT CODE SA9020
PRODUCT NAME CYCLOPS (DELUXE VERSION)
SCALE 32CM TALL (HEIGHT)
SERIES SUPERVINYL SERIES

THE 32CM TALL CYCLOPS (RAY HARRYHAUSEN) SOFT VINYL STATUE SPECIALLY FEATURES:

SA9020 (DELUXE VERSION) / SA9021 (NORMAL VERSION) 32CM TALL
LICENSE (RAY HARRYHAUSEN 100TH ANNIVERSARY)

CYCLOPS
32CM SOFT VINYL STATUE (RAY HARRYHAUSEN)

This is the 100th Anniversary for Ray Harryhausen, the master of movie stop motion animation. In his honor Star Ace is proud to release the Cyclops, the terrifying protector of the genie?s lamp in The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad. He carries his huge, spiked battle club and his single eye can be rotated. His jaw is articulated for different display options.

Traditionally sculpted by the artisans of the famed creature shop by X-Plus Kaibutsuya, this detailed Cyclops statue is made from soft vinyl and stands 32cm tall. Each piece is hand-painted to bring out the very fine details of the sculpt..

The Deluxe version of this statue includes a display base with rocky beach terrain and has Sinbad and another sailor battling the giant monster.

PRODUCT TYPE:
SOFT VINYL STATUE (NON-SCALE) 32CM TALL
PRODUCT SIZE:
CYCLOPS STAUTE : APPROXIMATELY L 300MM W 150MM H 320MM
DIORAMA BASE : APPROXIMATELY L 220MM W 180MM H 65MM

PRODUCT WEIGHT:
APPROXIMATELY 2.0 KGS (INCLUDING PACKAGE)

DIMENSION (GIFT BOX)
APPROXIMATELY W 400M X L 310MM X H 230MM (DIMENSION AND WEIGHT COULD BE CHANGED LATER)
PCS/CARTON : 4 PCS

RELEAES DATE : Q1, 2021

* SA9020 (DELUXE VERSION) IS LIMITED EDITION

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS COULD BE SUBJECTED TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE

Produced with the permission of The Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation (Charity Number SC001419). ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

? 2020 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

US$249.99

Link to Star Ace's site

This is actually not bad. I used to love the Sinbad movies and Harryhausen was a genius.

Hi Nexus. Its amazing. I ordered the deluxe.

There was a con somewhere overseas where all the Harryhausen pieces were showcased, this looked
sooooooooooo much better in those pics than these official promo pics. Best of the bunch. The Unpainted kraken from Clash of the Titans looked
Epic too

I dont really have room to collect a new line, but Harryhausens monsters are legendary.

Talk about going all the way back to the claymation era. Haha ....this is nice.

Has anyone received this or anything from this line? I saw a review on YouTube of The Cyclops and the arm was practically hanging off the body. I love Ray's work some of the fondest memories as a kid, but I'm curious how the quality of this is.

Has anyone received this or anything from this line? I saw a review on YouTube of The Cyclops and the arm was practically hanging off the body. I love Ray's work some of the fondest memories as a kid, but I'm curious how the quality of this is.

Are you talking about this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBTiAXfzFYM&lc=Ugx2rMl-LpSf-lfkTX54AaABAg.9L1Z0JQMkdL9L1bLb2HoFv

I just clarified with the video's owner, and this is a prototype, not a production piece. The video was partially made as a promotional piece for the Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation (And Star Ace), more or less. It wasn't a review.

thank the heavens that video is not the final product
I had just watched it today
have looked at videos and the other releases all look awasome

I received mine on Friday and it is boss af! It's bigger than I imagined even with the measurements given at the pre-order stage and the sculpts are awesome. The sculpts of the two guys are much nicer than I thought. I was expecting softer sculpts but they look fine. I couldn't get the Cyclop's eye to roll then noticed the instructions at the bottom of the box when I was putting it away. Not a big deal to me anyways. I'm just waiting for a break in my pre-orders to order Talos and the Kraken. Plus as I was so suprised about the actual size of this Cyclops in-person I may just bite on the Kali statue as I was worried that it looked too small especially for that price.

Last edited:
I received mine on Friday and it is boss af! It's bigger than I imagined even with the measurements given at the pre-order stage and the sculpts are awesome. The sculpts of the two guys are much nicer than I thought. I was expecting softer sculpts but they look fine. I couldn't get the Cyclop's eye to roll then noticed the instructions at the bottom of the box when I was putting it away. Not a big deal to me anyways. I'm just waiting for a break in my pre-orders to order Talos and the Kraken. Plus as I was so suprised about the actually size of this Cyclops in-person I may just bite on the Kali statue as I was worried that it looked too small especially for that price.
It's awesome to hear they're arriving! So, the pre-orders listed the Cyclops as 12.6 inches tall - are you saying it's actually bigger? Or it just looks that way?

I received mine on Friday and it is boss af! It's bigger than I imagined even with the measurements given at the pre-order stage and the sculpts are awesome. The sculpts of the two guys are much nicer than I thought. I was expecting softer sculpts but they look fine. I couldn't get the Cyclop's eye to roll then noticed the instructions at the bottom of the box when I was putting it away. Not a big deal to me anyways. I'm just waiting for a break in my pre-orders to order Talos and the Kraken. Plus as I was so suprised about the actually size of this Cyclops in-person I may just bite on the Kali statue as I was worried that it looked too small especially for that price.
post pics. there are no in hand pics of this guy yet.

It's awesome to hear they're arriving! So, the pre-orders listed the Cyclops as 12.6 inches tall - are you saying it's actually bigger? Or it just looks that way?
No, it measures 12.6" but I guess I was surprised how big 12.6" really is...lol

No, it measures 12.6" but I guess I was surprised how big 12.6" really is...lol
I can imagine. Was it well-packaged for delivery? I'm thinking of ordering one direct myself to bypass the months of sitting on the water (I wonder what effect that has on vinyl?), but I wasn't sure how good Star Ace was at packing things.

IDK dudes.

i've been waiting for this guy for a while. i think he looks kinda ****** tbh. the color changes @ 14:24 in the video (new camera) looks a little better, but the paint job doesn't look like Xplus quality IMO. sculpt is fine. for what we're paying for this 1/6 scale vinyl figure, we shouldn't have to repaint these figures to look like the official pics.

i know it's lousy washed out lighting, but this vide is a far cry from what we were shown.
X-Plys-Harryhausen-Cyclops-Statue-002.jpg

Last edited:
The seams where the arms meet the chest are horrendous. I hope this is a dud and not how the rest of the production run looks.

Last edited:
Back