Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks

Thumbs up Cheap button cell replacement solution for Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures

My kid's toy uses 3 AG9/LR936 Button Cell Batteries and I am tired of having to replace them when they are out.

01.JPG

I am trying instead to make a cheap homemade solution using some brass (maybe other material - open to suggestions) and wires plugged to a 5V power supply. Each button cell is 1.5V and 3 would give 4.5 V

This is what I've seen a person use (sorry about the bad image quality as I had to zoom it to make it more clear)

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

It seems he uses some type of plastic rod and then on top of each positive and negative side a round brass cut out of a thin brass sheet with the wires soldered to them.
    The wires are very thin (about 1 mm)

I am also concerned about the material used between the 2 brass circles and I'd like to use something that would be harder to burn - plastic seems better than wood in this case.
    Aluminum rod could be too much for this - more expensive and harder to cut to size.

This is another one I've seen around - some type of metal along the black piece that has the positive/negative wires soldered to it.
    05.JPG

I tried finding these items on Amazon but could not.

I was hoping I could get some orientation and links to such materials. It's going to be my first try.
    I am familiar with dummy AA, AAA batteries but this is to replace 3 button cells instead.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Try another section, this one's for questions/suggestions about the forum itself.

I am unable to post under Forum: General Collectibles Discussion & Questions. It this something you can help with?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Sorry mate, as far as I know you should be able to post there - seems strange to me that you can't. What about in the 'Customs - How To' section, can you post there? (it's probably a better place to get an answer to this anyway).

Nope. It seems the Forum is locked by default to all new members (maybe because of hack/bots - not sure).
    I already sent msgs to few admins but no replies.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    That's what I would have recommended you do - I'm not an admin, in case you thought I was - 'premium freak' just means I paid a yearly membership fee to have a larger PM capacity and to be allowed use the commerce section.

Darklord Dave is the admin and Darth Snoopy is pretty much the only active mod these days.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    This forum is one handful of soil short of buried

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)