Popcultcha

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victοr

BANNED
Reaction score
I never usually make such threads, but I have to know. I've got a PO on Popcultcha, and thus far it's all been fine and dandy. I looked around, found their prices pretty good, and opted for them. I made said PO way back when, got my confirmation emails and such, and now I'm waiting for it to start shipping so that I'll get the email to pay the rest of my balance. So far so good. The thing is, I had a question. I sent them an email through the "Contact Us" form and... nothing. They never got back to me. More than a week passed. I tried again, with a proper email. Again, around two weeks passed and... nothing. So I suppose I got a little worried. Has anyone else dealt with them? They're a pretty well known store with a lot of traffic, so I doubt I'll get scammed or anything, but it just comes off as a bit weird to me.

PS: What I wanted to ask them is what's with the new PO system. There's no option to just put down a Deposit and pay the rest when the figure ships, and also their Installment Plan just has you paying in four consecutive months after the moment you put down the order, not close to its release. I wanted a little bit of clarification if that's all there is.

I never usually make such threads, but I have to know. I've got a PO on Popcultcha, and thus far it's all been fine and dandy. I looked around, found their prices pretty good, and opted for them. I made said PO way back when, got my confirmation emails and such, and now I'm waiting for it to start shipping so that I'll get the email to pay the rest of my balance. So far so good. The thing is, I had a question. I sent them an email through the "Contact Us" form and... nothing. They never got back to me. More than a week passed. I tried again, with a proper email. Again, around two weeks passed and... nothing. So I suppose I got a little worried. Has anyone else dealt with them? They're a pretty well known store with a lot of traffic, so I doubt I'll get scammed or anything, but it just comes off as a bit weird to me.

PS: What I wanted to ask them is what's with the new PO system. There's no option to just put down a Deposit and pay the rest when the figure ships, and also their Installment Plan just has you paying in four consecutive months after the moment you put down the order, not close to its release. I wanted a little bit of clarification if that's all there is.

There is another thread here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...&highlight=Popcultcha&p=10394556#post10394556
where similar issues have been discussed.
Basically their customer service has dived in the past couple of years, then Covid hit and Victoria went into lockdown and businesses had to work remotely or not at all, and then they decided to upgrade their website and it is very buggy. There was an apology and explanation letter on the front page a month ago but they have since taken it down.
I am not sure about your query, wondering if they have dropped deposits completely in favor of installment plans and yes it doesn?t seem as smart as the system many US retailers have.
I have had issues with them not replying to my emails in the past and I ended up having to call them so I suggest that maybe you should do that if you can. Good luck.

There is another thread here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...&highlight=Popcultcha&p=10394556#post10394556
where similar issues have been discussed.
Basically their customer service has dived in the past couple of years, then Covid hit and Victoria went into lockdown and businesses had to work remotely or not at all, and then they decided to upgrade their website and it is very buggy. There was an apology and explanation letter on the front page a month ago but they have since taken it down.
I am not sure about your query, wondering if they have dropped deposits completely in favor of installment plans and yes it doesn?t seem as smart as the system many US retailers have.
I have had issues with them not replying to my emails in the past and I ended up having to call them so I suggest that maybe you should do that if you can. Good luck.

Damn, I didn't think of checking the Sandbox. I haven't been there in years and it completely slipped my mind. If any Mod wants to delete this thread, it's fine by me.

Still, thanks a ton for the head's up and the help! Guess I'll just pay off my one PO (it's an Endgame Iron Man; I put down a deposit and still have a balance to pay when he ships, which is what I was going to go with for the other figure I want to PO now, CW Anakin) from them and look for the stuff I want elsewhere. I'm in Europe anyhow, so it's not like I'm saving time with either an Australian or US based retailer. Thanks a again!

I’ve ordered probably 10 or 15 figures from them over the years. Just received a PO a few days ago from them in fact. I’ve never had one issue. I’ve read a lot of folks are having communication issues with them lately though.

I've ordered and received a ton of figures from them over the years. I've never really had an issue.

I know they're on lockdown due to COVID-19 which has really hampered their customer service. They've been upfront about it.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/state-of-play

Hope you get everything resolved though.

I’ve ordered probably 10 or 15 figures from them over the years. Just received a PO a few days ago from them in fact. I’ve never had one issue. I’ve read a lot of folks are having communication issues with them lately though.

Yeah, what I hear is that such a heavy slump is relatively recent. Still, I'll make my next PO somewhere else, and compare them when they arrive. Granted, the one from PC will arrive pretty soon, and the other years later, but still. Might as well try a few different retailers., really. One order here, another order there. Shop around a bit and see what fits.

They are Australia's number 1 store and the majority of us in the country order from them if they have the product in question.
So don't worry, you're not being scammed.

Probably worth calling them though and sorting through the issues in case a website glitch is affecting your order.

They are Australia's number 1 store and the majority of us in the country order from them if they have the product in question.
So don't worry, you're not being scammed.

Probably worth calling them though and sorting through the issues in case a website glitch is affecting your order.
Oh, I’m not worrying about being scammed. It’s just that Post Offices and Couriers and whatnot here are rather fickle, so for the worst case scenario, a good “Help Desk” is required for me. Like I said, I’ll see and compare. I put down a PO for CW Anakin with Sideshow. Whatever I PO next, I I’ll probably go with BBTS. I also got a DX16 from Toys Wonderland last night. When they all arrive I’ll do a comparison with each store and go from there. So, around 2022 I’ll have my answer!

They dropped the option for paying a deposit only through their website. Apparently you can only do this option by calling them and arranging an order that way, but that is too much hassle when you order frequently.

Getting email replies may be a bit slow right now, messaging through Facebook or calling them would be the best option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apparently the deposit option has been placed back on the PC website from now rather than the installment plans.

I just checked and yeah, they brought back the deposit option. Instead of multiple installments, you pay the deposit now and the rest when it ships. Well, I made my Anakin PO over at Sideshow yesterday. But I'll see for future POs. It depends on how well my transaction for the EG Iron Man turns out when it's ready to ship.

I pre ordered the Prime 1 DOTM Megatron last week and can confirm that the deposit option is indeed back on the website. The website itself though is still a massive pile of crap. No idea why they did the "upgrade".

The deposit option is only working on some items, others that ordinarily would have it, or had it previously, don't have it at all. As you say, the website is a mess.

I was planning to preorder Naruto Sage Mode and Naruto Six Paths but was just curious to hear other people's experience with them first. How is the shipping to the US?

Also with the preorder, do you pay up front or when they ship?

Thanks!

$100 Deposit only available on $300 item or more. Shipping is probably more expensive atm due to Covid.

Has anyone had issues with Popcultcha's customer support? I emailed them 2 weeks ago now and they haven't bothered to respond.

I bought Asmus Helm's Deep Aragorn from them during their big sale and paid extra for Express International Shipping (3-15 business days) on the 11th of June, it then took the until the 21st to ship the order and I've been waiting 25 business days now. Trying to get a refund for the shipping because that's just not on but feel like they may be purposefully ignoring me.

Has anyone had issues with Popcultcha's customer support? I emailed them 2 weeks ago now and they haven't bothered to respond.

I bought Asmus Helm's Deep Aragorn from them during their big sale and paid extra for Express International Shipping (3-15 business days) on the 11th of June, it then took the until the 21st to ship the order and I've been waiting 25 business days now. Trying to get a refund for the shipping because that's just not on but feel like they may be purposefully ignoring me.
They've never responded to a single email I sent them. However, if you hit them up on Twitter they'll respond pretty quickly. Most people just post on their wall (or whatever it's called) with a picture of their order or something and then they get down the details in a DM. It's pretty tiresome having to create a twitter account just to get info on your orders, but it is what it is. It's how I got them to send me an invoice to pay off my PO and then ship the figure to me. I was waiting for a month after it was labeled "in stock" and without DMing them, I doubt they'd have gotten to me. Still, they did respond within a couple of minutes on Twitter and things sped up from there, but it's not good customer service to have to do that.

Personally I wait a minimum of a month for every single package. I've had an order from BBTS that's been stuck in my country's customs since July 5th. July goddamn 5th. The post offices here suck beyond logic. I hate them so, so much. The mailman comes by maybe once, if we're lucky twice, per week. And we live two blocks from the post office. The summer is especially awful since they're too bored to work. I'm scared for any packages I'm to receive during these months, I'm not going to lie.

They've never responded to a single email I sent them. However, if you hit them up on Twitter they'll respond pretty quickly. Most people just post on their wall (or whatever it's called) with a picture of their order or something and then they get down the details in a DM. It's pretty tiresome having to create a twitter account just to get info on your orders, but it is what it is. It's how I got them to send me an invoice to pay off my PO and then ship the figure to me. I was waiting for a month after it was labeled "in stock" and without DMing them, I doubt they'd have gotten to me. Still, they did respond within a couple of minutes on Twitter and things sped up from there, but it's not good customer service to have to do that.

Personally I wait a minimum of a month for every single package. I've had an order from BBTS that's been stuck in my country's customs since July 5th. July goddamn 5th. The post offices here suck beyond logic. I hate them so, so much. The mailman comes by maybe once, if we're lucky twice, per week. And we live two blocks from the post office. The summer is especially awful since they're too bored to work. I'm scared for any packages I'm to receive during these months, I'm not going to lie.
That's messed up. You'd think they would learn from the most wealthy man in the world who pushes 2 day shipping in the States.

Hmm I'll DM them on Twitter then, thanks.

I wouldn't mind waiting a month for the package if they didn't say 3-10 days and then charge extra for it. I mispoke earlier, the standard shipping is 3-15.

Hmm I'll DM them on Twitter then, thanks.

I wouldn't mind waiting a month for the package if they didn't say 3-10 days and then charge extra for it. I mispoke earlier, the standard shipping is 3-15.
Honestly, it's not so much the wait as me not trusting the local services. When you have a package stuck in customs for a month, you get anxious. I've had tons of packages from BookDepository never show up. Thankfully they have a great refund policy. But still. It's why I always go for the mid shipping option, there's no point in paying for the "fast" one.
That's messed up. You'd think they would learn from the most wealthy man in the world who pushes 2 day shipping in the States.
Around these parts, there's no logic, only "comfiness". It's the summer, so they "take it easy".

Back