Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My SS points are about to expire ?

Hey guys, so 2 days ago I received an email from sideshow saying that my points are about to expire, I have 55$ in the balance. Statues have become unaffordable for me in the past couple of years so I never could use those points for anything. Im just wondering if there is a way to maybe get those points back in anyway possible, if something like this ever happened to you, let me know, thanks guys!

Super Freak

Feedback
    Yup, had the exact same thing happen to me, but also from 2 days ago and I also have around $55 in points but have also basically stopped collecting, its all just getting too expensive.

I looked at seeing if there was anything that I would like for around the cost of the rewards points I have and I found something that I wouldn't mind and the rewards points basically covered it. But then the cost of postage ended up meaning I was going to pay basically as much as I was going to save by using the reward points.

My long term thought was to try and get a few more points during special events and promotions (tho that has turned out to be somewhat harder lately) and maybe build up a fairly larger amount to then use it all on something that I would really like. I figured this would work, as the points didn't expire, but it seems they now do, I suspect this is a new policy, as it says they now expire after 2 years of no activity and it was at least the middle of 2016 since I last got anything from Sideshow or anything at all for that matter.

The same thing happened to me with my Weta Dollars earlier in the year, so I'm really taking this as a sign to just let it all go, thinking its time unsubscribed from the newsletters as well, little point in getting a Sideshow email everyday, if all I'm going to do is delete it.
    Special Collectors Edition Magazine Hidden Content

Did they give you a timeframe when you need to use them up by? When was the last time you purchased something? What does reward points not cover (taxes, shipping)?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b_Byrd_21 View Post
    Did they give you a timeframe when you need to use them up by? When was the last time you purchased something? What does reward points not cover (taxes, shipping)?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    The rewards points act as discount so if the price is $0, then tax should be $0 as well.

Are you in the US? They have a bunch of items with free US shipping (far fewer with free global shipping). You could try checking items $55 and under with free shipping. If not for yourself, then maybe something you could use as a gift.

Sideshow Free Shipping

Unfortunatly im in Canada. Guess its 55$ i'll never get to use...

Never got an email saying my reward points were going to expire. Didn't even realize they expire.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    I think if your account is active (you are buying things) they will never expire.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, they want you to make a purchase at least every two years. I haven't bought anything since the exchange rate tanked, and with only ten bucks in there it's not worth my while to maintain a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by subzro View Post
    I think if your account is active (you are buying things) they will never expire.
    That must be it.

Super Freak

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    The rewards points act as discount so if the price is $0, then tax should be $0 as well.
    Yeah, that's nice in theory, but I'm not totally sure it works out that way. You may not have paid for it, but chances are it still has a declared value on the customs form, likely around what it would have costed if you did pay for it in full. Then all the taxes/duties gets applied to that, as well as to the postage cost in my case.

Since I'm in Australia, free global shipping would be the only option, but then the cheapest item is still like $180 for something I'd never want and that assumes one can use rewards points on items that already have some sort of discount. From memory the email said one only had a week or two to use them before they expired, so yeah basically points lost.
    Special Collectors Edition Magazine Hidden Content