Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Surprising news tonight, Shane Black didn't kill off the franchise after all, there is a new Predator movie in production by director Dan Trachtenberg who did 10 Cloverfield Lane. Not surprisingly however, it isn't a sequel to 2018's The Predator. Fingers crossed for a half decent movie with a decent practical Predator design...

Predator 5 in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the Predator franchise is there really isn’t a big budget. I have always been curious how the world building of this franchise would look on a Ridley Scott budget!

Surprising news tonight, Shane Black didn't kill off the franchise after all, there is a new Predator movie in production director Dan Trachtenberg who did 10 Cloverfield Lane. Not surprisingly however, it isn't a sequel to 2018's The Predator. Fingers crossed for a half decent movie, with a decent practical Predator design...

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/preda...0-cloverfield-lane-director-dan-trachtenberg/

I'm game :)

Director seems like he could be a good choice. He seems to have some skill.

Keep Shane Black far far far away.

The problem with the Predator franchise is there really isn’t a big budget. I have always been curious how the world building of this franchise would look on a Ridley Scott budget!

Oh I dont know.. The more money they give these films the worse and worse they get :lol

They should make a Predator, Alien, and Terminator crossover and kill all three franchises once and for all. Bring back stuff that sucked originally and make it better, like The Phantom or **** Tracy.

Seeing as the franchise is under new ownership, I don't think they'll risk doing anything too outside of the box with these films for a while. Nor should they.

Predator Terminator Alien Robocop Rambo Die Hard Conan

All 7 have run their course just let them go already

Star Wars can remain

Agreed, except for SW. IMO, Star Wars is just being whored out for money. No substantive value. When a Mandalorian show is known for a baby alien and not a badass Mando, you know it's all about money > story.

Surprising news tonight, Shane Black didn't kill off the franchise after all, there is a new Predator movie in production director Dan Trachtenberg who did 10 Cloverfield Lane. Not surprisingly however, it isn't a sequel to 2018's The Predator. Fingers crossed for a half decent movie, with a decent practical Predator design...

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/preda...0-cloverfield-lane-director-dan-trachtenberg/

Yeah - I was enthused (there's a word you won't hear in a Predator movie . . . )
  • Hire Narin for the Pred design(s)
  • Hire Patrick Tatopoulos & Mark "Crash" McCreery for some other creature designs
  • Hire some of the Dark Horse team for the script (or buy the rights to one of the existing comics)

And you're on the road to something great.

Arnold as Dutch again? On the one hand, part of what made Dutch and Arnold for that matter great, was his body, his muscles and that fact that he was a real life action figure. Basically, he was cool, not particularly interesting as a character. However, I always thought that Dutch looked like a broken man and completely different in his last scene of the film when he's in the helicopter and they close up on his eyes. It was such a contrast from the cocky, cigar smoking badass from the beginning of the film, that I always wondered what became of Dutch after his whole team was killed and fighting the Predator. A sequel that takes that character seriously could be interesting on a deeper character level and would make the audience more invested in the story and the new Predator as an antagonist, which is something the recent films have all failed to accomplish.

Well reading the possible story on AVPGalaxy... It sounds like a typical trash SJW Hollywood today. I have no hope at all.

Last edited:
Arnold as Dutch again? On the one hand, part of what made Dutch and Arnold for that matter great, was his body, his muscles and that fact that he was a real life action figure. Basically, he was cool, not particularly interesting as a character. However, I always thought that Dutch looked like a broken man and completely different in his last scene of the film when he's in the helicopter and they close up on his eyes. It was such a contrast from the cocky, cigar smoking badass from the beginning of the film, that I always wondered what became of Dutch after his whole team was killed and fighting the Predator. A sequel that takes that character seriously could be interesting on a deeper character level and would make the audience more invested in the story and the new Predator as an antagonist, which is something the recent films have all failed to accomplish.

He went public about fighting an alien in the jungle and was declared insane. He was in the padded cell next to Sarah Connor's in T2 when Arnie's Terminator came to break her out. The crossover no one noticed. :lol

Story details:

It will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

From AVP Galaxy

No? I did not go look 'cause I like to not know too much when it comes to movies, but no. No...no. That can't be something that's being considered. Just make a good move; stop with the agendas. It just seems like they are trying too hard to include everything.

The problem with the Predator franchise is there really isn?t a big budget. I have always been curious how the world building of this franchise would look on a Ridley Scott budget!

Predators had pretty high production quality, good creature work and a fairly decent cast. I'm not sure what the budget was relative to the abomination that was The Predator however?

EDIT: SO apparently the budgets were as follows.

Predators $40m

The Predator $88

That's hilarious if so, but goes to show that you can make a decent movie with a relatively low budget, and an absolute piece of trash with a much higher one.

He went public about fighting an alien in the jungle and was declared insane. He was in the padded cell next to Sarah Connor's in T2 when Arnie's Terminator came to break her out. The crossover no one noticed. :lol

When Predators came out, I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking the role played by Laurence Fishbourne should have been played by Arnold as an older Dutch. Thankfully, he didn't because that movie isn't great, but it would have been a good cameo. Instead the only mentioned Dutch.

Back