Hot Toys MMS48 - Predator 2 - Predator Elder pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Just had this sent through from the good people at Hot Toys.
If this is on your wish list, these are the pics you've been waiting for.

Here's their spec-

HOT TOYS - MMS 48 – Predator 2 – 14" high fully poseable ELDER PREDATOR model kit

This model kit comes with:
l Realistic based 1/6 scale (14 inches tall) Elder Predator from the movie Predator 2
l Highly detailed body armory and weapons, inclusive Shoulder Cannon, Knife, Pistol, Skull necklace etc.....
l Each figure comes with display base featuring Predator 2 logo with name plate
l Simple assembly required

Release date: Q4, 2007

1ElderPredator.jpg

2ElderPredator.jpg

3ElderPredator.jpg

4ElderPredator.jpg

5ElderPredator.jpg

6ElderPredator.jpg

7ElderPredator.jpg

8ElderPredator.jpg

9ElderPredator.jpg

10ElderPredator.jpg

Re: New HT Predator 2 Elder pics and spec

HOOOO, BOY! That is a figure! :rock
Just look at that detail! The stitching in those belts!
The details around the head...amazing!

Thanks for the new shots wookster.

Note, the head is high in back on this one, but to be more like a P1, when they get to him, they need to make the upper head curve back and down more, less vertical like the P2s and AVPs are. Wonder if HT does that, or goes with a tall type head like all the rest. That is important to the first Pred to me. Bet they hedge that some. Just a thought.

NO problems with this one though!

Even If I dont collect it,this is my favorite line of 12'' by any company.

It gets my nomination for best figure this year for sure! Bar none!
Nothing else beats it, and that includes the new Alien.
This is a museum piece, right out of the box! (Repainted or not!)

It does look absolutely freakin amazing. I swear the only people who can top a Hot Toys release these days are Hot Toys with their next release. I'm hoping I can get hold of the two Pred 2 figs, as I'd love to review them.

It gets my nomination for best figure this year for sure! Bar none!
Nothing else beats it, and that includes the new Alien.
This is a museum piece, right out of the box! (Repainted or not!)

Sorry Les but that slot's already been taken by the Terminator Endo. It is a marvel of 1:6 engineering and detail. The Pred is up there but unless they've re-designed a totally new body for this one then they will likely just use the same basic Pred body they have used on all of them so far.

And that flintlock looks like it was taken from Jack Sparrow. Could it be Pirates Vs. Predator? How amusing that Jack's end came courtesy of the Predators. Now THAT I would love to see.

:drool :drool :drool

My God that is gorgeous, look at all the detail and check out that piercing on his Mandible!! I agree with Les, this is definitely a Heavyweight Contender for figure of the year!! :rock

Sorry Les but that slot's already been taken by the Terminator Endo. It is a marvel of 1:6 engineering and detail. The Pred is up there but unless they've re-designed a totally new body for this one then they will likely just use the same basic Pred body they have used on all of them so far.

And that flintlock looks like it was taken from Jack Sparrow. Could it be Pirates Vs. Predator? How amusing that Jack's end came courtesy of the Predators. Now THAT I would love to see.

I have to say the Endo is an incredible piece of engineering, I love the new Alien and these new Preds look sooooo cool. But it's the Power Loader I'm waiting out for. For shere vision I think it'll get my vote. But whichever way you look at it Hot toys have got it in the bag!
And now SS are gonna collaborate with them, I'm expecting even greater things from them, lets face it it's a side door for them to 'indirectly' work on the SW licence and make SS look even cooler. Imagine what HT could do to SW pilots and troops.

The Power Loader isn't a figure but I will say that it's THE best 1:6 scale design ever made. I love my ED-209 but the Power Loader puts all to shame.

OK, Dave, maybe. On an engineering level, what was done with the Endo is superb! Colossal!
It had been managed in toy form before though, in metal no less, so it wasn't a totally new release idea in 12", but I will agree that the satisfaction quota is amazing with the HT version Endo (short the limited hip/leg joint movement).
But, if I had both it and this new Pred in my hands, and had to choose which to keep or not, THAT would be a toughie! I just don't know.
I'll let you know if that horrid day ever arrives! But for now, I am stoked as hell about this Elder, moreso than I was about the Endo. But that may just be me. :D

But, I will support your Figure of the Year status for the Endo for now, but....the year ain't over yet! :rock

OMG its excellent,i just let a bit of wee out!:eek:

I've been on the fence about this one... mainly because I don't want to get too many predator figures... but I have to say this figure just looks amazing. I may have to break down on this one :lol

I definitely want this thing so bad!! I'm really hoping we see a PreOrder from SSC real soon or even Toy Square. :rock

Can't wait to get predator 2 and elder predator 2 in my collection !

Back