Exc Hot Toys brown Aliens, Alien, pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
I loved the first version, so this looks pretty cool to me too.
One for the completeists...or those who missed the first one-.
Here's what Hot Toys say-

Hot Toys – MMS47 - ALIENS - 16 inches high Alien Warrior model kit (REPAINT VERSION)

Product description:
l approximate 16" High Fully Articulated Alien Warrior Model Kit
l features the bendable hands, tail and a set of extending set of inner jaws
l simple assembly is required

Release date: Q3, 2007

1AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

2AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

3AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

4AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

5AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

6AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

7AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

8AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

9AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

10AlienWarrior_repaint.jpg

hot toys sure dont waste money on those original molds.:monkey1

No, they don't!
Ole "KillerBee" looks ok. I may get one, maybe.
Looks like they piled on the glosscoat.

Easy pass. What the hell was Hot Toys thinking here?!?!? Looks nothing like any of the warriors in the second film. Save the s#!t colored deco for the brown dog Alien. This is a disappointing variant. Should have done an acid-blood covered Battle Damaged Alien instead.

Yeah, I just don't feel this version. Its well painted, but like Dave said it doesn't relate to anything in the film. Although I'm sure the next variant will have some battle damage.

I'm surprised they didn't just do it like the AVP brown warrior, that figure looks nice as a variant, though I do agree with Dave that a battle damaged figure would have been nice too, but maybe they'll milk this for all it's worth and come out with one of those too.

Yes, what were they thinking... This repaint version would make sense if it were a very limited edition or so, but otherwise... I'm still waiting for news from Sideshow. They said that this version would be more limited... So, I'm still hoping for a surprize.

Well I pre-ordered one. I couldn't give a hoot about it raping Dek Dave's childhood, I reckon the colour gives it more detail and slime, so it's mine.

Actually, being on a limited budget, I can't afford all these Aliens. So a variation on colour, plus a kick ass Version, kills my two birds. Hopefully it wont have the black versions predisposition of, seemingly, having loose ankles.

Here are a few shots next to the Stan Winston Effect book to give you some ideaof the colour variation.

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0326.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

So essentially this repaint version is an ALIEN in its "true" colors so to speak.

While the original release is the more blueish tint that the Alien appears as in the movie.

I happen to like the yellow version. :eek:

Sweet, thanks for those reference pics Wook! I ordered one the day it went up @SSC simply because I thought it looked cool.

Now I feel a little more justified in purchasing it - gotta love the collectors mentality :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

I really like the look of the brown version better. Hmm, do I want to eat next week? :cool:

Easy pass. What the hell was Hot Toys thinking here?!?!? Looks nothing like any of the warriors in the second film. Save the s#!t colored deco for the brown dog Alien. This is a disappointing variant. Should have done an acid-blood covered Battle Damaged Alien instead.

I think what you mean is that it looks nothing like the lit version. With all of the lighting and effects they came off as looking more black. However, each suite had more browns than black. This version is closer to what the stunt men wore IMO. https://www.kropserkel.com/alien.htm

Well at least we now know he's not keen on A L I E N and Appleseed.

Back