EFX The Mandalorian Beskar Helmet Replica (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently up for pre-order:

Sideshow
The Mandalorian Helmet (Season 2) Prop Replica

BigBadToyStore
The Mandalorian (Beskar) 1:1 Scale Limited Edition Replica Helmet

Alter Ego
EFX The Mandalorian Season 2 Helmet Replica

EFX (avoid ordering directly from them)
THE MANDALORIAN HELMET - SEASON 2

Price: $749
Release Date: Q1 2021
Edition Size: 1000

Sideshow puts it between April and June 2021, but we know how that goes.

Sideshow has a smaller deposit but BBTS has $4 CONUS shipping. I was also able to get BigBadToyStore to refund me on an ANOVOS deposit (albeit as store credit) after lengthy delays. Though I'm sure Sideshow would do something similar in the event something goes wrong.

Official Description
In the first season of Star Wars: The Mandalorian? on Disney+, we were introduced to The Mandalorian, a character with a unique persona and equally unique armor. An integral part of the armor, and The Mandalorian himself, is his helmet made from Beskar steel. This helmet has now become an iconic part of the Star Wars Galaxy.

In the second season, we see The Mandalorian, aka Din Djarin, wearing a clean and un-weathered version of that very helmet. Now, EFX is extremely proud to offer the only officially licensed prop replica of this helmet!

EFX continues to strive to bring you prop replicas of the highest level of authenticity and accuracy possible. This edition is no different, it utilizes parts cast from the same master patterns that created the screen-used prop. With an extensive study of the screen-used helmet and the assets supplied by Lucasfilm and Legacy Effects, the engineers, model-makers and artists at EFX have made a faithful prop replica of this iconic helmet.

Last edited:
All things considered, it wasn’t that bad. Certainly not anywhere near some of their other efforts.

Both ANOVOS and EFX missed their delivery targets for the Mandalorian helmet, but I want to say it was about half a year.

But they were both being pushed to meet their delivery dates by the powers that be to synergize with the release of season 1. I don’t know if that’s the case for this version. Although I suppose it’s just a repaint so it’s just a matter of cranking more out with the same process so it might be easier.

I would expect a delay, but maybe not a severe one. But their products are usually delayed by years so... really a toss up. But if there is a severe delay, you’ll likely be able to get your deposit back, at least through store credit. Which is better than ordering directly from them.

Last edited:
How delayed was the 1st efx helmet ? Thinking of picking this season 2 version up. Thanks

I waited for the Fett PCR to be in collector?s hands earlier this year before POing considering Efx?s track record: PO?ed, missed first batch, then delivery date has been pushed about 3-4 times... new expected delivery Jan-Feb 2021.

Yeah, the only reason EFX (and ANOVOS) delivered the season 1 helmets in a remotely reasonable but still late timeframe is because they were pressured to meet a deadline.

Again, there’s no way to know if the season 2 helmet will have the same driving force so this could take longer.

I do plan on getting this to go with the season 1 EFX and ANOVOS helmets. I do feel better about ordering from Sideshow since they’re not going anywhere (hopefully).

Thought I would get it reasonably quickly (also ordered through SSC) oh well. Agreed, still smarter than going directly to efx or anovos! Picked up the Anovos Mando bucket but only when it went in stock at Alter Ego.
The clean look of this looks nice. Appears to be a darker color... probably just lighting.

It does look nice. I expect it to be a brighter since it’s cleaner. I do agree that the lightning probably makes it look darker.

They didn’t take great pictures of the first helmet and they didn’t take great pictures of this one either.

I guess they assume it’ll sell even with mediocre promo pics. And they’re right.

Looking for a little help. Want to pick up a mando helmet. Should I pick up the anovos which I like better than the efx ver 1 or pick up the efx ver 2 ?
Thanks for the help

Only you can really make that decision based on your personal preferences and availability.

You can’t really go wrong with either. I do also prefer the ANOVOS slightly myself, but if I absolutely had to only keep one it’d be the EFX.

As much as I don’t want to make decisions based on limited/open editions, it’s hard not to in this case.

But no one will be able to give a comparison on the EFX season 2 vs ANOVOS until the new helmet comes out.

I would say just make a decision based on whether you prefer the more weathered early season 1 appearance or the brighter, less weathered season 2.

Would be nice if eFX gave the edition size. They usually do during preorders, weird they didn't on this one.

I can’t confirm for sure until EFX puts the helmet back on their own site again, but someone who saw it said it was LE 1000.

Looking for a little help. Want to pick up a mando helmet. Should I pick up the anovos which I like better than the efx ver 1 or pick up the efx ver 2 ?
Thanks for the help

I have the Anovos version since I like the shape of it better than the efx one. Has a longer face. It?s also slightly bigger which works for me. The efx one looks nice but I think the Anovos one has more of a shine to it.
I?m also debating to get the efx clean version as it also looks good. The Anovos cheaper now and might be easier to get.
For the Anovos one I?ve seen some online reviews where the weathering has been sloppy and there are fingerprints baked into the helmet. Fortunately the one got was great. Weathering was done well and no fingerprints.

Just ordered the S2 helmet. I?m assuming it?s going to be a long ass wait. Fortunately the sideshow deposit isn?t that much.
I have the Anovos one so this will complement it well. Best of both worlds.

A silly question. If this is only limited to 1000 worldwide. Then why are other suppliers still taking pre-orders? On the EFX site this is no longer available. Will they refund deposits or is it the fact that the 1000 haven?t been brought up?

A silly question. If this is only limited to 1000 worldwide. Then why are other suppliers still taking pre-orders? On the EFX site this is no longer available. Will they refund deposits or is it the fact that the 1000 haven?t been brought up?

They usually make more pieces than the announced edition number, for promotional purposes, for replacement etc., but those are not for regular sale. In this case, they will only make 1000 for sale as per the announced edition size, but only a part of them are sold through EFX directly, the others are going to various international distributors.

Back