Action Figure 1/18 scale Nicholas Hammond as Spider-Man figure progress (3.75 inches)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

Even though nobody is as "in" to these as much as me apparently, I thought I'd share the progress of the 3D sculpt for my Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man figure. Still some adjustments to be made to improve the accuracy but overall - it's getting there nicely I think.

Spider-Man-Progress3.jpg

Last edited:
The seam between the red and blue material really gives this life! Nice attention to detail.

Thanks Dennis. That seam line was an essential part of the costume to make this specific to the Nicholas Hammond version. What I love about it is that it looks like he could have sewn it together himself. The only thing I'm struggling with now is whether to "engrave" the webbing lines onto the red so that they could perhaps get filled with a black wash of paint but what I'm hesitant about is that the real costume just had silk screened web patterns on it so they weren't "engraved" or raised up. I'm thinking that it mat still work if it's just kept as simple red and blue with only the spider logo slightly raised up so it can be used as a painting guide.

The tea strainer eyelets, that's what separated Hammond from The Electric Company and you nailed it. Nice job. Honestly, I think you should do a Peter Parker to go with him. In my minds eye, Nicholas Hammond most visually represented Peter Parker from the early comics. He just looked right.

Thanks Dennis. That seam line was an essential part of the costume to make this specific to the Nicholas Hammond version. What I love about it is that it looks like he could have sewn it together himself. The only thing I'm struggling with now is whether to "engrave" the webbing lines onto the red so that they could perhaps get filled with a black wash of paint but what I'm hesitant about is that the real costume just had silk screened web patterns on it so they weren't "engraved" or raised up. I'm thinking that it mat still work if it's just kept as simple red and blue with only the spider logo slightly raised up so it can be used as a painting guide.

My opinion is a very light engraved web pattern would give you the best shot at a paint up that was super crisp but could still represent the silk screen look from the show. If "barely there" is a measurement, that's the depth of the engraving I'd shoot for :)

Yes, we're on the same wavelength with this I think Dennis. This is probably what I'll end up doing with it or I may just get one printed without the web pattern and one printed with the "barely there" engraving to see which works the best.

My opinion is a very light engraved web pattern would give you the best shot at a paint up that was super crisp but could still represent the silk screen look from the show. If "barely there" is a measurement, that's the depth of the engraving I'd shoot for :)

Yes, we're on the same wavelength with this I think Dennis. This is probably what I'll end up doing with it or I may just get one printed without the web pattern and one printed with the "barely there" engraving to see which works the best.

Thank you for recognizing my "barely there" unit of measure :)

Latest progress photos. Almost there. The web pattern is exaggerated because the resin will infill the recessed lines slightly when it is resin printed, so we need to make them prominent on the model so they can be more fine on the actual print.
Just the web pattern to put onto the gloves and boots and some tweaks to the pattern position currently shown on the mask and body.

Spider-Man-Instagram.jpg

Back