Working Predator LED light-up mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm having Hurricane fit my Predator mask with LEDS. I drilled three small holes where the targeting lights should be and he's fitted the leads to go inside the metal mask cables and attach to the battery hidden inside the shoulder cannon mount with slide-switch. Here's some pics of the work in-progress. More to come:

HPIM0260.jpg

HPIM0269.jpg
HPIM0270.jpg

Now that's very cool to see. Hurricane and I were talking about that a long time ago... and now here it is. Glad to see it works. I might just have to do that for mine as well. It adds a whole new level.

Hey Dave, when are we going to see a group shot of your Predator/Aliens collection?

do you happen to know if it runs on cell batteries or AA batteries?

I originally wired mine to a single cell 12 volt battery but I couldn't get the battery holder to fit inside the shoulder mount so that's why I sent it off to Hurricane to figure out and he said he put in an entirely different battery holder so I'm assuming they are probably lithium watch batteries.

Count me in for one of those! That rules!
Before too long, all these figures are gonna just walk off the shelves!

Great stuff!

Hey Dave.

When you did yours, did you just connect the LED to the battery compartment or did you add a resistor ?

Blimey, all the light-up customs ive seen lately are are really amazing. Imagine having your entire 1/6 collection having light-up features.

Dave, while you're at it, why don't you get a light-up detonation timer for your gauntlet?

:D

If Hurricane can pull that off he will be a god among men! But how would he create the alternating digital runes on the LED readout? Well, if he can create blinking target lights on the motion tracker he could probably make that as well.

Back