Action Figure DID 1/12 101st Airborne Paratrooper "Ryan"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big guy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Earlier this week got My First DID 1/12 WW2 Paratrooper boxed figure.

Also a set of the Uniform and Boots separate from an ebay seller, which i placed on a 1/12th scale Crazyfigure body.

RYAN box.
zzzww2 did ryan.jpgzzzww2 did ryan1.jpg

DID Ryan and Crazyfigure Body with DID uniform and Boots on. Both square away perfectly. Have t say the DID body as their first is solid enough and great range of articulation. However Crazyfigure are the Best Articulated 1/12 bodies on the market (Now sold as Buck bodies too).

Also the RYAN M1 Helmet fits the Crazyfigure head better. Not sure if it is Ryan's hair or the netting tucked within the helmet makes it look too high on Ryan's head.
zzzww2 did ryan2.jpgzzzww2 did ryan9.jpgzzzww2 did ryan8.jpg

DID Ryan sits very well in one of my 1/12 PLAN B Jeeps, alongside Craztfigure Paratrooper.
zzzww2 did ryan3.jpgzzzww2 did ryan6.jpgzzzww2 did ryan4.jpg

DID Ryan Towers over he dismal WW2 offering from Damtoys. Someone wanted to do a HJ but Older face? Or totally Got the height wrong on Damtoys part :/ Anyway DID seem to have that covered now.
zzzww2 did vs damtoys.jpg

DID Ryan with My Custom German WSS Panzer Officer and then (alas) the DAMTOYS German.
zzzww2 para vs wss.jpgzzzww2 para vs wss1.jpg

FYI even with My Custom 1/12 Panzer Commander and PLAN B Germans the DAMToys German Is way too small.
zzzww2 112 wss.jpg

DID Ryan with Plan B 101st Airborne Paratrooper
zzzww2 holster7.jpgzzzww2 paint.jpg

DID Ryan with the 1/12th Panzer IV Ausf D & Ausf H that FIGAM have done in the Past. Scales very nicely with them.
zzzww2 panzer1.jpgzzzww2 panzer.jpg

My custom German WSS Panzer Commander with Panzer IVs
zzzww2 wss panzer2.jpgzzzww2 wss panzer1.jpgzzzww2 wss panzer.jpgzzzww2 panzer2.jpg

I have another 2 RYAN's coming. Well you got to build a squad up lol Anyway I think I found a Great head sculpt for likeness to the Real Maj Richard Winter's.
Have been told it is a Marvel legends Dr Doom headsculpt.
zzzww2 did ryan7.jpgzzzww2 did ryan5.jpg

Plus made a WW2 style Shoulder holster. Plastic Holster from either Plan B or ML WW2 Captain America. Then removed flap and slight mod to the holster. Then added Leather strap.
zzzww2 holster.jpgzzzww2 holster1.jpgzzzww2 holster2.jpgzzzww2 holster3.jpg

Attachments

• zzzww2 holster6.jpg
    zzzww2 holster6.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 230
Very nice collection and thanks for the comparisons! Planning on picking up a few of the various 1/12 soliders coming out this year and next so my Mezco Captain America can lead a squad!

Thanks HPGR_Thrawn. Yeah Mezco Cap I have and plan to do something similar LOL

I found the old PLAN B T-5 Parachute Harness fits the DID Ryan & Crazyfigure custom.

zzzww2 1-12 prep jump.jpgzzzww2 1-12 prep jump-1.jpgzzzww2 1-12 prep jump-2.jpgzzzww2 1-12 prep jump-3.jpgzzzww2 1-12 prep jump-4.jpg

Back