Evangelion 2020 Statues/Figures/Misc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momaw

Super Freak
Reaction score
With a new Evangelion movie around the corner merchandise is now starting to hit the shelves. There doesn't seem to be a general Evangelion thread (just some product specific ones) so I thought I might start one to capture all that stuff that might not warrant it's own thread and to discuss stuff we hope to see make it into figure/statue form.

I'll start with the Kotobukiya - Evangelion 2020 - Asuka Shikinami Langley sixth scale statue.

I think the pictures say everything I could.

QdCt6WS.jpg

50HIaGS.jpg

DQ8dvMH.jpg

6UP6nui.jpg

LUKIq4r.jpg

mi7Fekx.jpg

Y7u8ykR.jpg

J6Ws84U.jpg

lp38gY6.jpg

9b3YRwW.jpg

XCafGsx.jpg

PmA8kIb.jpg

eoojJ3T.jpg

ev2xX6W.jpg

uhEgOU3.jpg

PzFuVqZ.jpg

8NtLdbZ.jpg

sXZ7JnA.jpg

9jcqs5M.jpg

8vjz1PV.jpg

7TOPHs9.jpg

VVfFTMZ.jpg

hZsJcWF.jpg

KV4kLSb.jpg

Movie is pushed back to June 2021, I think?

I remember when the first Rebuild came out in 2007. There were supposed to be three of them. 2007,2008, 2009....done.

Here it is almost 2021 and we're still waiting!!

I absolutely loved the second one though...definitely one of my favorite pieces of Evangelion media. Let's hope the last one can live up to that quality!

(Sure would be nice to have an official bluray release of the TV series and End of Evangelion with English subs too....no idea why that never happened.)

Movie is pushed back to June 2021, I think?

I remember when the first Rebuild came out in 2007. There were supposed to be three of them. 2007,2008, 2009....done.

Here it is almost 2021 and we're still waiting!!

I absolutely loved the second one though...definitely one of my favorite pieces of Evangelion media. Let's hope the last one can live up to that quality!

(Sure would be nice to have an official bluray release of the TV series and End of Evangelion with English subs too....no idea why that never happened.)

I agree the second was the best so far. As for the Evangelion Blu-ray including films, they are coming. Only question is which dub they will include. Better be the original if only one.

All I need is the subs. I've despised the English dub from the very first time I heard on VHS back in what...1996?

But the picture looks immaculate in HD so I'm very glad to hear we're finally going to be able to get these officially.

I find the original series pretty good, but the new ones are too weird for my taste. Thought about getting the RAH Medicom Eva-01 just because as a child, this series was so different than everything else I had watched.

It really made a huge splash when it debuted for being so radically different from ANYTHING anyone had seen before. And ultimately, I think that put too much pressure on Anno to deliver some kind of crazy grand finale, and so every time he attempts it, it gets bigger and weirder and more confusing. He should have just kept things going like they were the first 10 episodes or so.

But then again....after my initial revulsion, I have grown to LOVE End of Evangelion.

And the Rebuild series started off horrible...a shot for shot remake of the TV show but with better animation. They must have got as bored making it as I was watching it cause the second installment (Ha) said, "hey, let's ditch the series and do something new!" and it's just incredible.

Then....part 3....well.....sucked.

Still, my ass will be in a seat (hopefully) in January to witness what might finally really truly be the FINAL installment of Evangelion!

Have they started making any toys or novels based on the TV show again? Ever since 2007, every single toy I've seen has the extra green stripe on Eva 01. It was so much like Lucas disavowing pre-Special Edition SW. It's like they were saying the TV series never existed. I hope they do make merch with those designs again cause a lot of people prefer them, after all.

Man, I can't wait to actually have a REAL copy of End of Eva on bluray. I've had the DVD for years and even by DVD standards the picture was garbage. I know the new transfers are crystal clear so that's really exciting.

Man, I can't wait to actually have a REAL copy of End of Eva on bluray. I've had the DVD for years and even by DVD standards the picture was garbage. I know the new transfers are crystal clear so that's really exciting.

And it was letterboxed so even lower resolution.

From what I can tell the 2.0 movie basically goes how every one wanted the series to go. Shinji is more heroic, he starts to develop better relationships with all the characters. 3.0 the rug is swept up from under us. Basically exactly how the last two episodes of the series goes.

I think Ano is messing with us.. let?s see how 4 goes [emoji51]

Figure related, I have both the Mafex abs SH Figure arts versions of Eva 1. Comparison below for those interested. I never saw a single one myself so had to do it.

88cb8ef12261ed8e002698ee2f6ef5c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m very interested in getting an Metal Build Evangelion in my collection, never owned one. Anyone knows what happened to the Night Combat Style for Eva 01 and 02
f2e0b345dcc176e96ed826c4c8fb3deb.jpg

I?m very interested in getting an Metal Build Evangelion in my collection, never owned one. Anyone knows what happened to the Night Combat Style for Eva 01 and 02
f2e0b345dcc176e96ed826c4c8fb3deb.jpg

With Covid everything is "up in the air" right now, but we should remain positive about a potential release. It might be a Tamashii Nation exclusive though. Due to the sucess of the two first releases I don't think Bandai is going to drop this line any time soon. Bandai is known for their repaints and variants, I wouldn't be suprised if we end up with 4-5 variations of each metal build eva.

I took the plunge on the upcoming 40cm Dynaction EVA Test Type-01. I thought the Metal Build EVA would have been my ultimate EVA figure... Well I was wrong, I need both. :gah:
960x0.jpg
Bandai-Dynaction-Evangelion-Unit-01-Figure-image-4.jpg

I took the plunge on the upcoming 40cm Dynaction EVA Test Type-01. I thought the Metal Build EVA would have been my ultimate EVA figure... Well I was wrong, I need both. :gah:
View attachment 505672
View attachment 505673

You wanted something accurate.

The Dynaction might be the most accurate Eva yet. I would have liked a smaller one myself. I don?t have the space [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Covid everything is "up in the air" right now, but we should remain positive about a potential release. It might be a Tamashii Nation exclusive though. Due to the sucess of the two first releases I don't think Bandai is going to drop this line any time soon. Bandai is known for their repaints and variants, I wouldn't be suprised if we end up with 4-5 variations of each metal build eva.

Eventually, I went with the Threezero one. When I saw that one, the aesthetics were perfect in my eyes, especially the head (both the berserker and the normal one) looked amazing. If I got the Metal Build one, I would have bought the 3rd party head. That?s 250+50 vs 120 shipped. I?d rather

My only issue with the Threezero was it was not metal. Turns out it is, so Im patiently waiting for my Threezero.
69dcfbd0fa713d2a1ebd7e4ceed85225.jpg

f439c12845b2db9f5b466c5e360f8949.jpg

In 12 hours I'll be sitting in front of an IMAX screen with a bunch of other nerds watching Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time on opening day.

I really wish I hadn't been so lazy about studying Japanese. I'm gonna have no idea what the hell is going on.

But then again....it's Evangelion......does anyone?

Back