Conan the Barbarian - Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/conan-the-barbarian-netflix-series-development-1234787810/

Conan the Barbarian could be on his way to Netflix.

The streamer is developing a live-action series based on the iconic character created by Robert E. Howard, Variety has confirmed. Conan first appeared in comic books way back in the 1930s, and has already appeared in multiple different big screen adventures.

No details on the plot or timeframe of this new series have been revealed as yet. However, what has been confirmed is that it hails from Fredrik Malmberg and Mark Wheeler's Pathfinder Media, and is part of a larger deal for the exclusive rights to the Conan library which is currently in the works between Netflix and Conan Properties International, which is owned owned by Cabinet Entertainment. As part of the potential deal, Netflix would have the right to adapt Conan properties for film and TV in both the live-action and animated spaces. Malmberg and Wheeler will executive producers this prospective series via their Pathfinder banner.

This is not to be confused with Netflix's upcoming Barbarians series, a historical drama told from the perspective of Germanic tribes during the Roman imperial campaign.

A Conan series was planned for Amazon a few years back, but was cancelled during a management shift (apparently not uncommon).

Last edited:
It?s part of the Witcher?s sudden popularity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got that wrong. Surely they meant regular books, as Conan didn't appear in a US comic book until Marvel started publishing their series in 1970.

Perhaps they meant magazines? I thought a lot of the Conan stories were published first in magazines and then later as collected books.

Really hope it's based on Conan from the books. It wouldn't make sense to base it on the Arnold Films those are it's own thing, this should be about the Actual Conan from the Robert E Howard stories.

Really hope it's based on Conan from the books. It wouldn't make sense to base it on the Arnold Films those are it's own thing, this should be about the Actual Conan from the Robert E Howard stories.

I'd be all-in for that. Easily pulled off in this day and age, at least in terms of the look.

I'd be all-in for that. Easily pulled off in this day and age, at least in terms of the look.
It might have backlash from NPCs due to the overally masculinity that the character is known for. But if the stories are done right I will be very happy with it, lets just hope though. Amazon had a good Idea to start with The Frost Giants Daughter as the Pilot which would be awesome if done.

It might have backlash from NPCs due to the overally masculinity that the character is known for. But if the stories are done right I will be very happy with it, lets just hope though. Amazon had a good Idea to start with The Frost Giants Daughter as the Pilot which would be awesome if done.

There are ways to present it without causing too much offense, that if done correctly won?t emasculate the character.

There was plenty of testosterone in GoT and that series was wildly popular.

There are ways to present it without causing too much offense, that if done correctly won?t emasculate the character.

There was plenty of testosterone in GoT and that series was wildly popular.

I agree That's what I'm hoping for, as Conan is much more then a mindless brute the way he as been seen in media. He is a lot smarter and has a lot of character growth as the stories continue. The comic series Dark Horse did which where retellings of all the original stories from the frost giants daughter to queen of the black coast, brings out Conan's charcter so well. If the show can do this it will be great to see.

**** em

Back