Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, with the film well underway and people getting excited about it, I thought I'd start an official thread for all things relative to the film.

WARNING This film, and more specifically, the trailer linked below, features graphic violence, viewer discretion advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKaAeGfOyA

(EDIT: Does anyone know if the boards are operating differently with code lately, I used to be able to embed YouTube files but this one wouldn't work)

Here's a quicktime video of the trailer I made putting all Jerry Goldsmith music over it. Since I don't have what I need to extract the audio from the music in the trailer, I've sacrificed mixing trailer audio with those sounds clips and just muted it to only my sountrack mix.

John Rambo Clips Remix

Re: Official John Rambo Movie Thread

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I'm looking forward to this movie and the old school 80's over-the-top violence.

Rambo cutting the guy's head off and then using the gun turrent to blow apart the driver's head was the icing on that cake. :chew

I wish this movie would be as good as the oldies. I fear it will not judging by this trailer. It looks more like a Rambo Snuff film.

Oh my GOD! I hope they left some of the brutal, gory parts in the film and didn't blow them all in the trailer! That is AWESOME! Jeez....When he blew that guy away in the driver seat of the jeep....DAMN!!!!!!! The guy was literally BLOWN AWAY!!! He disappeared! HA! :chew

They show practically the entire film in thre and a half minutes!

Last edited:

I don't think we will see all the grusome violence in the actual final cut in theatres. This preview IMO is just to shock-hype fans to get excited for this film.

I still can't wait to see it regardless of how it turns out, I love Rambo too much!

I don't think we will see all the grusome violence in the actual final cut in theatres. This preview IMO is just to shock-hype fans to get excited for this film.
Stallone has vowed to keep the gore in the film.

I still can't wait to see it regardless of how it turns out, I love Rambo too much!

I posted this regarding "gore in the film a while back.

'John Rambo' To Be Goriest Film In The Series

The long-awaited fourth installment of the Rambo franchise will be the goriest yet, filmmakers have promised. John Rambo producer John Thompson reveals he had to "raise the stakes" in the latest movie which stars action hero Sylvester Stallone, in a bid to compete with other "gory" movies, like Saw III.

He tells Empire magazine, "We're up against films like Saw III, where people were being sick in the aisles, so we've raised the stakes too."

Stallone adds, "If you thought other movies were extreme, John Rambo's gonna knock you for six."

I got that off a entertainment website I visit from time to time, Starpulse.com, sounds interesting, I just hope adding gore to compete with modern film doesn't ruin Rambo, that's not what he's about and Live Free or Die Harder has shown that you can succeed as a classic action film in the modern Hollywood.

As long as its done well and has some integrity I think the gore could work. Especially if they are going for a more gritty real world feel for the movie. I hope it doesn't become a splatterfest just for the sake of shock value.

seriously, is anyone really looking forward to a Rambo4 after all these years?

Absolutely, love the character, been looking forward to a Rambo 4 for the past 5 years. I got the Trilogy DVD set back in 2002 and on the bonus materials, Stallone stated that he felt there was more situations where the Rambo story could go on. He originally thought something to do with Bin Laden and Alqueida, but perhaps due to the real war or just other reasons, he's gone for the story arc relative to the issues going on in Burma. I'm glad they're making this film, as I was glad for Live Free or Die Harder, Hollywood needs classic action flicks again, they were great for a reason and shouldn't have died, but the special effects era and influence of martial arts has dramatically changed the modern action film.

Absolutely, love the character, been looking forward to a Rambo 4 for the past 5 years. I got the Trilogy DVD set back in 2002 and on the bonus materials, Stallone stated that he felt there was more situations where the Rambo story could go on. He originally thought something to do with Bin Laden and Alqueida, but perhaps due to the real war or just other reasons, he's gone for the story arc relative to the issues going on in Burma. I'm glad they're making this film, as I was glad for Live Free or Die Harder, Hollywood needs classic action flicks again, they were great for a reason and shouldn't have died, but the special effects era and influence of martial arts has dramatically changed the modern action film.

lost interest in the character after 2. action was fine, but it doesn't hold a candle to first blood IMO. And 3 was.... well, I figure they spent more time on the helicopter versus tank scene than writing something worth watching. Just my opinion. That all. :monkey3

I think this will be a good film. Like Irish said, after Rocky Balboa, I really think Sly has benefitted from his time away from these characters and gone through changes and developments in his life that allow him to bring character back to roles that became solely about the action and story and character were lost. I love both film series, but you can see both in Rocky and Rambo that from film one to the final installments prior to the last year, the soul of the character was lost. Rocky Balboa touched upon the heart of Rocky like the first film did, and I think John Rambo will touch upon the mental effects of the life John Rambo has lived and will have some character to it, but of course it's an action film so I anticipate and equal ammount of action.

rumor to be released this year in December! Hoping so!

Rambo is stepping up to a higher violent Level,maybe a little bit too much,looks pretty sick on the trailer,but im looking forward to it,but i doubt it will be any better than the previous 3.

I don't expect or even want it to be better than the existing 3 Rambo flicks. All I ask is that it is different and enjoyable enough and is a good exploration of the character. So far, it looks like I'll be happy with the outcome. :rock

I agree, I'm expecting this film to really not tie much to the previous three except that:

1) John Rambo's character reflects the sum of his life up to the events of 4 well and really makes this feel like a new chapter in his life.

2) Jerry Goldsmith's classic themes must be at least 50% used; they've come to define Rambo through music and without them the film will feel too departed from the previous three.

Back