Darkseid Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125_previewbanner_200581_Darkseid.jpg

A more modern take on the character. The portrait looks a little cartoonish, but otherwise, I think it looks fantastic. Switch out right hand holding a Mother Box for the EX? Hopefully this piece is HUMUNGOUS for all the people who complained that the OG PF was too small.

A more modern take on the character. The portrait looks a little cartoonish, but otherwise, I think it looks fantastic. Switch out right hand holding a Mother Box for the EX? Hopefully this piece is HUMUNGOUS for all the people who complained that the OG PF was too small.

I think this new version has the thickness and height to correct the first one. See pic below. From the live stream, the Darkseid MAQ is much taller and much thicker than the Superman PF. Gotta see more pics, but it looks great so far.

looks cool but also a little stumpy. The proportion of the legs to body are off. Sure he's big but the legs should be a little longer and a little less thicc

Height looks more on point than previous version, although I prefer the other head sculpt. Maybe the Ex will be a second portrait. Too bad this isn’t a throne version like Thanos, which probably would have looked incredible. But that would probably clock in around $1,400 or so. As it is I’m guessing this will be around $1k. Maybe I’ll sell the first one and pick it up.

I think this new version has the thickness and height to correct the first one. See pic below. From the live stream, the Darkseid MAQ is much taller and much thicker than the Superman PF. Gotta see more pics, but it looks great so far.

I'm very happy with the OG PF. A classic Kirby/Giffen Darkseid who's definitely not as massive as the 90's and later version of the character. I hope this piece is MASSIVE and tall enough for you and others who passed on the OG PF due to size issues. This MAQ is definitely a stout looking Darkseid.

When I look at photos of him only from the thighs up to his head he looks great but when I look at photos of the whole body he looks cartoony due to his short legs.

I'm very happy with the OG PF. A classic Kirby/Giffen Darkseid who's definitely not as massive as the 90's and later version of the character. I hope this piece is MASSIVE and tall enough for you and others who passed on the OG PF due to size issues. This MAQ is definitely a stout looking Darkseid.

Yea, there were good merits to the first one. I can see why others liked it.

This one just meets my expectations more. But yea, I'm glad there are 2 versions now ....and both can be enjoyed by the 2 different camps.

Seems to be a seamline on the neck so maybe a switch out portrait.

Back