Action Figure Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk - 4" tall figure * NOW COMPLETED*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

Even though my Christopher Reeve Superman figure didn't "hit the spot" with as many people as I thought, I'm still proceeding with my plans to produce these figures that never got made in the late 70's / early-mid 80's for my own collection.
Next up - Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk. I've completed the backing card already, but now work has started on the computer sculpt which will be 3d printed and paintd in classic Kenner style. I'm excited with how this is shaping up already.

Thanks for looking!

b1.jpg

b5.jpg

b7.jpg

b6.jpg

Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk - 4" tall figure with Kenner inspired retro c

I see what you're going for and realize it's only a rendering, one that looks great by the way, but that hair needs work. It looks like The Hulk with all new Watermelon Helmet!
The rest does look good though.

Re: Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk - 4" tall figure with Kenner inspired retro c

We're a long way off from getting to the hair. Don't worry. It will be a fantastic likeness by the time the model is finished. The "watermelon" helmet is just to get something on there rather than the model be bald.

Dig the rendering and the card looks fantastic! Cool stuff!

Latest progress. Changed the physique and pose slightly. Added more detail to the expression. The hair and eyebrows are just place holders at the moment and will be fully detailed and made more accurate once everything else is signed off.

C6.jpg

Almost there now. Just some tweaks required to the hair to make it more wig-like and the addition of the belt loops on the pants.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back-with figure.jpg

I was thinking it would be cool if someone like NECA would make like a 6 inch figure of Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk. Their Reeves Superman and Keaton Batman figures were pretty good.

A really generous customer who purchased some of my cardbacks sent a Batman 1989 and Superman The Movie cardback to Michael at Retroblasting. Here's a link to their review of my cards. They actually confuse my cards with the cards that are being professionally produced in China by another UK fan (Stan Solo Creations and Smith Lord Creations), so that was a huge compliment for them to think that my cards were up to the same standard as those.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGfipiHAMD6/

Here is the finished sculpt for my Lou Ferrigno Hulk figures. Next step - 3D printing!

Hulk-Final-201020.jpg

Thanks darth dennis. If the Superman model is anything to go by, the 3D printed version should end up looking exactly like the render above. We're testing out the open left handed version first to see if the fingers print out ok (they will need to have supports on them during printing and the removal of these supports may make the fingers look a bit messy). As a back up plan, we've got a model with that hand closed in a fist to match the other side so may end up needing to print it like that which will clean up a lot easier and won't have the risk of snapping any fingers off in the process.

Looks fantastic! Excited to see the end result...

If anyone is interested, here's the grey primed 3D printed Hulk figure. Turned out great.

20201031_140349-1.jpg

20201031_135125-1.jpg

Tough crowd. I won't even bother showing the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man figure that is being worked on now.
I'm honestly very surprised that considering the amount of nostalgia and dare I say "love" for these characters as they appeared in the 70's / 80's movies and TV shows, there is such a complete lack of interest in what I've tried to do here. It really is pretty much just something for my own collection. :(

I'm impressed by that print quality, did you have to do a lot of finishing work? I keep teetering on getting into 3D printing for stuff like this but a lot of what I see from others look pretty rough

That turned out really great! Are you going to paint one up as well? Same question as rocbolt on 3D printing. I just completed a Boba Fett EE3 kit that I bought from someone that was 100% 3D printed and the amount of filling and sanding to eliminate the print lines was pretty crazy... Cool stuff cking!

Thanks. Yes, I will show the painted figure when it's completed. Takes about 20 minutes to clean-up the support marks that are all located on the back of the figures. No clean-up required on the front.
These are both SLA resin printed at 50 microns layer thickness with an Anycubic printer. Here's an image showing the figures as they are set up for prining. Leaning backwards to avoid the need for any supports under the chin / nose etc.

IMG_1944.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, I will show the painted figure when it's completed. Takes about 20 minutes to clean-up the support marks that are all located on the back of the figures. No clean-up required on the front.
These are both SLA resin printed at 50 microns layer thickness with an Anycubic printer. Here's an image showing the figures as they are set up for prining. Leaning backwards to avoid the need for any supports under the chin / nose etc.

View attachment 498823

Holy cow, I had no idea that support scaffolding for 3D printed objects was that involved. Great idea to avoid supports on the front of the figure.

Back